Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #31
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
As of this moment I must ask, WHAT lenses below? Your sig has disappeared.
Don't blame me--I didn't do anything--and it's back again.

04-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I have the K3 in M42 mount, and it also comes in a bayonet mount.

But not Pentax K.
How well does the M42 version K-3 work with the Takumars? I've been thinking of getting a K-3 as a replacement for my Bolex and using a few of my Taks.

Back on topic. looking at your sig reminds me of the Tak 55mm f2 I just sold, it was in great condition but had a loose focusing distance tab, I had gotten it free on Ebay (seller refunded me for not disclosing the loose distance tab) I listed it, went into details on the defect and somehow it sold for $50 including shipping. I thought it wouldn't break $20. The prices of lens certainly have gotten insane lately.
04-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
Back on topic. looking at your sig reminds me of the Tak 55mm f2 I just sold, it was in great condition but had a loose focusing distance tab, I had gotten it free on Ebay (seller refunded me for not disclosing the loose distance tab) I listed it, went into details on the defect and somehow it sold for $50 including shipping. I thought it wouldn't break $20. The prices of lens certainly have gotten insane lately.
That's not too hard to fix. Was it the rubber focus grip model? When the problem is developing, the scale is coming unglued from the focus ring. It scrapes against the barrel, sounding and feeling like a horrible focus defect. Once it falls entirely off, the focus issue disappears.

What's odd is that you can find ten auctions a day for the Takumar 55mm. I have to force myself to avoid them, and still get sucked in a couple of times a year.
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sameagle Quote
I think this guy is buying up lenses and then selling them for 2X normal price. Most normal people would never pay his prices for a lens, but if you happen to "need" a lens or "want it now" ... then he is one of your only options.

eBay Store - goKevincameras: Classic Collectibles Lenses, Nikon Rangefinder Lenses, Exakta Mount Lenses

(okay so maybe its not his fault alone ... that was kind of a joke. sort of. yeah.)
The inventory Kevin has is insane. He has many relatively rare lenses including the takumar 83mm f1.9. He has a Plethora of various Pentax and Takumar 85mm lenses. Plus, he has other brands. He has been around as a dealer for collectors and expanded into ebay. He is the U.S.' version of Photo Arsenal.

04-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #35
Veteran Member

eBay got silly

I've pretty much given up on eBay. I was a disciplined bidder and lost a lot of auctions sticking to my price. But I got lucky a few times and kept at it.

No more. People are paying crazy prices for all sorts of things, not just camera gear and not just auctions. Even BIN seems to attract the mathematically ungifted.

Unless I can wait for a year for lightning to strike, I've decided that I'll suck it up and pay B&H if my local shop is being unreasonable. <begin gripe> Like $350 more for a Sigma 100-300mm f/4. I paid them full MSRP for my K-7 then got the bad news on the big zoom. There are points at which loyalty has to go both ways. <end gripe>
04-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #36
Veteran Member

I have the K3 in M42 mount, and it also comes in a bayonet mount. But not Pentax K.
Do you also have that superduper fast M42 Zenit zoom that was standard on the K3? That's not suitable for APS-C sensors, right? Too small an image circle?
04-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
ive gotten amazing deals on ebay for multiple brand new in box takumars. I may have overpaid in the eyes of most, as takumars are supposed to be had on the cheap, but I got good deals in the big picture. ultimately you pay what you are willing to pay, the thing is, you dont realize what you are willing to pay until its all done.
I had a NOS/NIB SMC Tak 35/3.5 on my Watch List last week. 1 bid at $9.95. Still in the plastic bag.

I logged on 1 minute too late.

It sold for . . . .

$9.95

04-12-2010, 07:33 AM   #38
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I had a NOS/NIB SMC Tak 35/3.5 on my Watch List last week. 1 bid at $9.95. Still in the plastic bag.

It sold for . . . .

$9.95
I have one of those very lenses BNIB. that price is astonishing. I find that most often, the ones in these condition are completely ignored (I can only assume that most will figure that the price will go through the roof and thus pay it no mind) meanwhile, people like me snap them up pretty cheap (not 9.95 cheap mind you, but cheap) while they happily pay much more for a well used example. I paid 250 USD for a 100% mint BNIB 50mm f4 macro-takumar preset. the average price for one of those in well used condition is around what I paid for mine. (just one of more than a dozen examples) but I never purchase with the intent on selling down the road, so the end price doesnt actually mean much, and I have a thing about collecting and preserving early pentax equipment.
04-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #39
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

It sold for . . . .

$9.95
I did the same think on that very lens. BrownBag
04-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #40
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
How well does the M42 version K-3 work with the Takumars? I've been thinking of getting a K-3 as a replacement for my Bolex and using a few of my Taks.
I haven't touched the thing since I bought it more than a year ago--it still has the loop formers on it. I don't want to get an infraction here, so I'll PM you when I get home later tonight (my EST tonight) or I'll be posting in another forum here.
04-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #41
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Do you also have that superduper fast M42 Zenit zoom that was standard on the K3? That's not suitable for APS-C sensors, right? Too small an image circle?
I never tried it on the KX.

It's a 17 to 69, but now I forget if it's the Zenit or Meteor. One came for the M42 and the other bayonet.

I'll try to stick it on there tonight, but I never assumed it was a great piece of glass.
04-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #42
Ira
Inactive Account

The lens says Meteor, the cap says Zenit, so I think we're talking about the same lens:

A 17 to 69 1.9--which sure sounds sweet.

Don't have the M42 adapter on the cam to play with it now, but you're right:

The rear element isn't a normal M42 rear element. It's tapered down to at least 1/4 that diameter.
04-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The lens says Meteor, the cap says Zenit, so I think we're talking about the same lens:

A 17 to 69 1.9--which sure sounds sweet.

Don't have the M42 adapter on the cam to play with it now, but you're right:

The rear element isn't a normal M42 rear element. It's tapered down to at least 1/4 that diameter.
That would be some interesting vignetting, you must try it.

Where's my PM? I pined away all night for it....