Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Could the mirrors be out of whack in my Stereo Adapter?

I've had the odd whinge in the past about the heavy vertical black bar dividing the two two halves of the stereo image with the above gizmo and have improved the situation slightly: removed the UV filter B4 screwing on the gizmo. I should have thought of that a long time ago. The Big Black Bar is still there though. Also, an odd effect that makes me wonder if the mirrors are properly set up inside: The instructions state that the unit must be absolutely horizontal with the camera body and to follow this procedure,quote:

"Look through the viewfinder and look at the same point at the top or bottom of both images. these two points should be positioned at the same spot in both images. If necessary adjust the Stereo Adapter so that the two points match in both images".

If I adjust it as described the vertical line is no longer vertical but at a slight angle, and the Adapter is clearly not in the same plane as the camera. If I adjust them to be parallel the image on the left is lower than the one on the right. I also suspect that the horizons of the two images are not matched i.e. the right hand horizon tilts to the bottom right a bit. Could this be a problem in my camera rather than the gizmo? If the fault is with the gizmo how does one deal with a warranty claim, trying to explain such minutiae to salespeople with no understanding of stereo? Pentax being rather big, I don't think are very approachable.