Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Samsung 30mm Pancake

We all know that the first Pentax dSLR was manufactured together with the cooperation of Samsung Corporation. During those times, I believe the sensor or the software used was from Samsung. Later, some of the Samsung and Pentax lenses can be inter-used, ie both have the P-K mount.

I read from somewhere the above(Samsung 30mm f/2.0 pancake prime lens) is used with the latest Samsung dSLR. (I think it is the NX-10)
My question here is that can that lens be used on a Pentax dSLR body?

04-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The NX-10 is a camera with a very short flange distance. So I would supsect, that the 30mm can not be used, even if ther would be a mount adapter available. At least you couldn't focus anywhere near infinity, without the help of a image degrading relay lens in the adapter.

Ben
04-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure how this ended up in the articles section. Thread moved.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
The NX-10 is a camera with a very short flange distance. So I would supsect, that the 30mm can not be used, even if ther would be a mount adapter available. At least you couldn't focus anywhere near infinity, without the help of a image degrading relay lens in the adapter.

Ben
You are right, Ben.
The Samsung lens is for its mirrorless dSLR which body has a different built as compared with the Pentax dSLR. Even if there is an adaptor for the 30mm pancake lens, it will be near useless to try on any of teh Pentax body.

Thanks for clarifying.

Cheers.