Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2010, 03:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice lens Oren
I really like a 300 f2.8 on a crop body. They aren't too huge as to be a pain to lug around and work great with TC's. I think you got a good deal especially since it's pentax mount.

04-14-2010, 03:49 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks all for the comments. I'll be sure to post some shots as soon as I get it.

I know the comment about having it all covered is a personal thing.
My main concern is landscape and wildlife but I love macro also. The fast fifty will be good to have around for family shots to help back up the 16-50.
Of course I would like to have another 70-200 but when I did have one I didn't use it that much.
I am contemplating a Takumar 85 which I have owned before also so it never ends.

I am just thinking with the 300/2.8 I won't have the limitations anymore. I should have a fairly sharp 600/5.6 now without breaking to back too much.

Thanks again all
04-14-2010, 04:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Congrats Oren
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Congrats! However . . .

04-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Congrats! However . . .

Believe me, I am more anxious to post photos than you are. It is on its way express so it should be here next week. Fingers crossed
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Wow, that is a very nice lens, I sure wish I had the money for something like that. I also agree with seamuis here on the "having it all covered" debate. I only have 3 lenses and they cover me from 16mm to 315mm, they are all very sharp and get the job done very well.

Since I have a very limited amount of money to spend in camera stuff I go out and make pictures with the lenses I have. If I see a photo that needs a lens I don't have I will try to make the photo the best I can with the avalible equipment.

I believe that this forces me to me more creative while taking pictures and helps me get more keepers in the end. Sorry for the long post, but I just drank a cup of coffee and I feel a little bit wired. lol
04-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So here are a few shots from the lens I took yesterday at the zoo. I am really going back and forth about how well it preforms.
Let me know what you think. I will post a few more later today from the zoo yesterday also. Going out this morning to do a little more testing. I have until tomorrow to decide if I want to retunrn it.
I called Sigma and it is too old ( although it looks almost new ) to calibrate and service. I may just get a new one.
Are these photos what I should be getting or should this lens produce better?

Post your photos zoo photos