Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

The Sigma 50-200mm HSM OS, what happened to it?

This lens was released in March, yet I haven't seen anyone who has it. Here's the DPreview post about it:

Sigma releases 50-200mm f4-5.6 DC OS HSM lens: Digital Photography Review

For some reason, after that I never heard anything about it. I was actually really excited that a new and cheap lens had come out for this range ($200 new) that I could get instead of the other brand equivalents, one that has OS and HSM, but I looked around at a few stores, and none of them had it in stock. Then I checked Ebay, and a ton of those sketchy (at least for me) stores were selling them at $200.

I was hoping to get one a little less for that so I checked all of the buy and sell forums that I'm a member of, but I never found anything.

Is this just the forgotten lens for everyone or what?

04-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
This lens was released in March, yet I haven't seen anyone who has it. Here's the DPreview post about it:

Sigma releases 50-200mm f4-5.6 DC OS HSM lens: Digital Photography Review

For some reason, after that I never heard anything about it. I was actually really excited that a new and cheap lens had come out for this range ($200 new) that I could get instead of the other brand equivalents, one that has OS and HSM, but I looked around at a few stores, and none of them had it in stock. Then I checked Ebay, and a ton of those sketchy (at least for me) stores were selling them at $200.

I was hoping to get one a little less for that so I checked all of the buy and sell forums that I'm a member of, but I never found anything.

Is this just the forgotten lens for everyone or what?
they're available in a lot of places.
04-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
they're available in a lot of places.
Where have you found it? I don't mean in stores like BH and stuff, I mean like on most photo forums, in Flickr photos (no results that I've found from it really) and other places on the web. It's like the lens never happened.
09-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
The lens has definitely not had much publicity. But I've had this lens for some time now, and I must say that I am very much pleased with the optical quality of this lens. At 50mm, it beats the kit lens by quite a good margin. I've some extremely good photos with it, and the build quality and finish feels good to hold on to.