Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
Photos displayed on Flickr are quite small. I don't think you could judge a lens too well from looking at Flickr images.
If you look at the "all sizes" option you will see that some people post very large images indeed... in fact all the way up to full size. And in some ways looking at images on the web is actually more revealing than looking at a print.

The most important thing is to compare like to like, which is difficult enough, to be sure.

04-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #32

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxie Quote
Given a choice, I will still opt for the Tamron 17-50/f2.8. For me the 16-45mm and 17-70mm will not be fast enough. Well, its just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Cheers.
Looking at the reviews, test reports and sample pics of the Tamron 17-50/f2.8, it does seem unbeatable Value (B&H $460ish). Fast and IQ looks very impressive which is important to me.

I can fix the slight issue of 17mm barrel distortion in Photoshop if needed....unless the K-7 can do it automatically?

Prefer if it had a sonic motor but not a big deal.

Tamron will probably be getting my business!

Thanks you for all the helpful advise