Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens hood for FA limited?

Hi all,

I tried a search but could not find any thread discussing this topic.

Did you use a lens hood for FA limited (31mm, 43mm, 77mm)?
If so where can I get a lens hood for these lens?

I use my 77mm last weekend with a UV filter on, but without a hood. So I wondering if I need to get a hood for my Limited?

Thanks,
Lee

04-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Hi all,

I use my 77mm last weekend with a UV filter on, but without a hood. So I wondering if I need to get a hood for my Limited?

Thanks,
Lee
the 31 & 77 have built in lens hoods don't they? you can likely get the 43 hood at adorama or B&H. as for 'extended' lens hood, there have been people who have com up with a few ideas. a forum search might yield some results.
04-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hm.... really? I don't see any lens hood on my 77mm. I mean after I attached the filter on, it is the front most thing on the lens.

Did I miss something séamuis ? I see the 31mm have a small built in hood, but not the 77mm?

Thanks,
Lee
04-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
Banned

Hm.... really? I don't see any lens hood on my 77mm. I mean after I attached the filter on, it is the front most thing on the lens.

Did I miss something séamuis ? I see the 31mm have a small built in hood, but not the 77mm?

Thanks,
Lee
doesn't it pull out? a sliding lens hood. id swear it does, but I dont own one to say.

04-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #5

Yes, The FA 77 Has a Built In Retractable Hood, Just Pull It Out...
04-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
Site Supporter

The FA 77mm ltd does in fact have a retractable lens hood. It is somewhat shug. I actually like the design. If yours is missing and you bought the lens new, you need to check with the seller. In fact, if you bought it used, you need to check with the seller.

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
doesn't it pull out? a sliding lens hood. id swear it does, but I dont own one to say.
Yes it does!bigthumbsup
04-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

let's get ornamental

I just looked at the subject title for this thread and I thought, "BINGO! We don't just need lens hoods. We need lens-hood ORNAMENTS!" Like the Mack bulldog or the Rolls-Royce R or the Jaguar jaguar or, well, something kewl, something symbolic and iconic that says PENTAX the moment anyone sees it!

Maybe something that flies: a flying horse, a flying P, a flying... well, not a toaster or pig or pentagon, but maybe a... a STAR, that's it, a star to pay homage to the *ist and DA* and that kinda stuff. And rebrand the company to P*, that's P-STAR, the stellar achievement of photography, or something like that.

Yeah, that *is* a pretty dumb idea. I'll go away now.
04-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I just looked at the subject title for this thread and I thought, "BINGO! We don't just need lens hoods. We need lens-hood ORNAMENTS!" Like the Mack bulldog or the Rolls-Royce R or the Jaguar jaguar or, well, something kewl, something symbolic and iconic that says PENTAX the moment anyone sees it!

Maybe something that flies: a flying horse, a flying P, a flying... well, not a toaster or pig or pentagon, but maybe a... a STAR, that's it, a star to pay homage to the *ist and DA* and that kinda stuff. And rebrand the company to P*, that's P-STAR, the stellar achievement of photography, or something like that.

Yeah, that *is* a pretty dumb idea. I'll go away now.
Have you been taking lessons from Lithos? I never had much of a problem finding the hood on my 77. The one on the DA 21mm ltd is another matter! I had a B+W UV filter on there for a year before I even new it.

sarcasm

04-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi guys,

Can someone show me a picture where the 77mm lens hood is shown? I could not find a pic that show the built-in lens hood.

I bought it from a forum member, I don't know if I miss anything...

Thanks,
Lee
04-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #10
Banned

12-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks séamuis,

I did found the hood.... after using the lens couple of week without knowing it has a hood...

=)

Lee
12-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi all,

Thanks,
Lee
I use older Takumar 49mm screw on lens hoods for the 43 and 77. They are about 5cm long and don't vignette with either lens. You can probably find some in the odds and sods bin of more traditional camera shops. For the 31 I use the short Heliopan lens hood made in Germany. I bought it via ebay a couple of years ago

Here is the old forum link

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/90064-third-pa...d-fa-31mm.html

Hope this helps.

David