Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As a general rule, the Super-Multi-Coated are considered "better" than the straight Super Taks, but as said above, some are equal--in that some Supers share the same coating but weren't labeled as such.

There seems to be an advantage of the 50 1.4 SMC over the Super, yet I've seen people debate this, but they're still close to each other.

However, my 105 2.8 Super seems to be a dog compared to shots I've seen of the SMC versions. The flare in mine is horrible (Florida sun doesn't help), but my lens is still going for over a hundred bucks these days. (I paid $25 a year ago.)

The main thing is, the feel of the old Taks and tight focus can't be exaggerated. They are a joy to hold and work with, and modern lenses don't compete.

04-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
That somehow managed to avoid my question completely, perhaps I should have phrased the question better.

Which 50mm f1.4 will have the best image quality? SMC Takumar, M, K or A?
There are "M42", "M", "Takumar", and "50mm" lens club threads in this forum. Check them out.

I do have a 1.4/50 M prime lens, and it is very good.