Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigma 50-500mm-"Bigma"

I keep looking for availability and reviews on the new "Bigma" for Pentax and so far haven't come up with any information.Is it being shipped yet?I plan on getting one depending on how it is received by Pentax Nation--charliezap

04-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #2

I don't know the quality of new model but I have compared the old model with DA*300,
Pentax lens win in all the point.
04-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fleafly Quote
I don't know the quality of new model but I have compared the old model with DA*300,
Pentax lens win in all the point.
That's like comparing Apples to Toothpicks. Both clean your teeth, but only one makes a snack
04-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I keep looking for availability and reviews on the new "Bigma" for Pentax and so far haven't come up with any information.Is it being shipped yet?I plan on getting one depending on how it is received by Pentax Nation--charliezap
The lens is just now available in both Canon and Nikon mounts, of course, but Pentax, Sony, and Olympus are going to have to wait until the middle of next month (at least that's when the rest of the newest lenses that it was included in) until it will start shipping.

04-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Unless the HSM is a key factor for you why not get a used Regular Bigma? Is it THAT much different in terms of Optics that it's worth the wait and extra cash?? I know for the short while I owned mine, it was an impressive lens. Sharp at all focal lengths, even wide open, once I learned to control handling the thing. In the end, I sold it in favor of using the F1.7 AF adapter (or TC if you want to call it that) on my DA*300 and other lenses. Just as good if not better with the practical cost being the need to swap out lenses.

04-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Unless the HSM is a key factor for you why not get a used Regular Bigma? Is it THAT much different in terms of Optics that it's worth the wait and extra cash?? I know for the short while I owned mine, it was an impressive lens. Sharp at all focal lengths, even wide open, once I learned to control handling the thing. In the end, I sold it in favor of using the F1.7 AF adapter (or TC if you want to call it that) on my DA*300 and other lenses. Just as good if not better with the practical cost being the need to swap out lenses.

I don't mind the wait and the extra cash.My only trepidation is that i will really be bummed out if it does not blow away my quantaray 70-300 and my 18-250 Pentax at the 200-500mm range especially after laying out $1600.I'm just going to be patient and see what the reviews say after it's been out.--charliezap