Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can always share hoods between lenses with the same filter thread and similar focal lengths. I share two hoods between my 28mm and 35mm lenses, another couple between my 50mm to short telephoto lenses, and another set between my long telephoto primes and zooms. Luckily many of the Pentax primes and even some of the zooms share a 49mm thread. For many longer 3rd party lenses on APS-C you can get away with stepping rings to bring them down to 49mm if you want to share hoods and filters.

11-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Frank - Your hood is nice but there is a lot more potential.

QuoteQuote:
are they just generic ebay ones frank? how much do they set you back? i was looking at a metal hood for my taks and the original ones go for like $17+ or more!! I could get a lens for that...
buy a tak 135/150/200 with a hood. Usually the price is the same. So you can sell the lens (if you don't need it ) and keep a free hood.
11-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
geeez... same price for the lens/hood..?! buy and sell to keep the hood? that's dangerous talk for a LBA...
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by abacus07 Quote
Frank - Your hood is nice but there is a lot more potential.

buy a tak 135/150/200 with a hood. Usually the price is the same. So you can sell the lens (if you don't need it ) and keep a free hood.
But yours just looks way too big for such a small lens. Mine matches better

Attached Images