Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Can't freakin' wait! The lens should be in in the next week or so, and I'll be taking a road trip asap when that puppy arrives.

Ah, Europe - I have three things to do:

1 - take pictures
2 - eat
3 - drink

...might sneak in a watch while in Switzerland, too - we'll see what my wife says on that one...LOL

08-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Of course, when I was leaving for the office this morning I had the debate - to go back downstairs to the closet and grab my camera bag or not.

They said it'd be at least 2 weeks for the lens to arrive, today was day 12 - nah, leave the camera bag & camera - they won't call today.

They called today...LOL

So, I think I may leave work early, go over to the shop, then head home and see what my Springer's nose looks like in Macro as 1:2...

I have to say, I'm surprised to feel a bit of excitement at picking up this lens. It's been a while since I was last this excited about getting something.

I blame today's "instant access" lifestyle. It's rare that I must order things and wait for them. Even books from Amazon can arrive in 2 days or less - hardly time to build excitement (Speaking of books, see my signature for my own book due out in December through Amazon. )

Ah well - it brings me back to when I was a kid and decided to save up for that watch I wanted at the local department store (Woolco if you can recall those.). $29.99 got me a gleaming stainless steel digital watch with a game - I was the defender of the Earth against a never-ending alien attack...LOL That was the best watch I ever owned and the most anticipation filled month of my life.

Heck, I'm not even half that excited about the trip to Europe next month - and the trip has me grinning already.

Last edited by doggydude; 08-09-2007 at 11:51 AM.