Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
Nubi

I want it!!

I Recently acquired Zeiss ZK 50/1.4, and I am doomed. I actually sleep with it now.

Now this:

????????CarlZeiss?Planar T* 85mm F1.4 ZK (PENTAX?) - Yahoo!?????? - Yahoo!??????

At a current exchange rate of roughly 92 yen to a dollar, it is at the moment, a little over $240. Three more days left.

I WANT ONE!!!

Last edited by Nubi; 04-25-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: MY LBA is terminal
04-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I want all those stupid Zeiss ZK lenses. Time to go win the lottery!
04-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I Recently acquired Zeiss ZK 50/1.4, and I am doomed. I actually sleep with it now.

Now this:

????????CarlZeiss?Planar T* 85mm F1.4 ZK (PENTAX?) - Yahoo!?????? - Yahoo!??????

At a current exchange rate of roughly 92 yes to a dollar, it is at the moment, a little over $240. Three more days left.

I WANT ONE!!!
Are you telling us you can get the Planar T* 85mm f1.4 ZK for ~$250 dollars? wowcb I'm surprised that there isn't a run on them if that is the case!
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I can't read Japanese but I think that's an auction.

04-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I can't read Japanese but I think that's an auction.

So the $250 is like an early bid . . .
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
Nubi

Yes it is an auction. It's been on for about 6 days, I think, and has about 3 days to go. That is why I said at the moment it is 250 bucks.

Yes, those stupid lenses. Oh God.
04-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
Nubi

Apparently, there is a bit of dust just inside the front element. They say it does not affect the IQ. Anybody know if that is a simple problem to take care of?

I learned today that all the Zeiss repairs go to Japan if under warranty. If not, they say the local folks can do it apparently.

If someone can help me out and I ended up getting this lens, I will in appreciation name the lens after this person!!

Thanks.

04-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Apparently, there is a bit of dust just inside the front element. They say it does not affect the IQ. Anybody know if that is a simple problem to take care of?

I learned today that all the Zeiss repairs go to Japan if under warranty. If not, they say the local folks can do it apparently.

If someone can help me out and I ended up getting this lens, I will in appreciation name the lens after this person!!

Thanks.
Since you are in the U.S., there are a couple of places I can recommend that will service the lens for $65-125 usd. Eric Hendrickson may do it but you would have to email him. The other choice would be a company in Kansas and the 3rd is on the east coast.
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Since you are in the U.S., there are a couple of places I can recommend that will service the lens for $65-125 usd. Eric Hendrickson may do it but you would have to email him. The other choice would be a company in Kansas and the 3rd is on the east coast.
Thanks!!

I will check it out. So if I get it, "Blue" it is. I just became a Yahoo Japan registered user. A step closer I would say.
04-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #10

i think it is a great lens, but no autofocus
Zeiss Planar ZF T* 85mm f/1.4 - Review / Test Report
04-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #11

besides no af, it is kind of a mack truck in terms of weight. nonetheless, a great lens at msrp and if you can get it for less, it's like winning the lottery. happy bidding.
04-23-2010, 05:42 AM   #12
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by iFoto Quote
i think it is a great lens, but no autofocus
Zeiss Planar ZF T* 85mm f/1.4 - Review / Test Report
Yes I know. I don't typically use AF. Why use AF???
04-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #13
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by patk Quote
besides no af, it is kind of a mack truck in terms of weight. nonetheless, a great lens at msrp and if you can get it for less, it's like winning the lottery. happy bidding.
Agree. It is a bus, nonetheless. But that's ok. It's a Zeiss. It's a ZEISS!!!
04-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #14
Nubi

An update.

About a little over $300 us now. Another 36 hours or so.

What do you guys think it the fair price??

I may go up to about $500 . . . . . . Maybe even more.

I mean, it is ZEISS?? Oh god.
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #15

if you get it for $500, it will be a steal, assuming it's in excellent condition. it's running close to $1300 full retail, but popflash puts it up new on ebay every so often at under $1k. assuming microsoft cashback at 8%, you may be able to get it new at some point for under $900. that should give you an idea of what the ceiling should be on one used.