Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
how about returning an adoption? that doesn't sound right.
Hmm, never heard of anyone ever doing a mail-order adoption. But a bride on the other hand, is a different story!

04-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
My father used them very very carefully.
So do I use my lens.
See https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/95538-i-just-d...-ltd-damn.html

Yes I know, accidents happen
04-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Oh, man, so shame
But the FA 31 is still like new, only a little scratch on the front cap...
04-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #19
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
(1) Don't you think it is bad for a website to say "Made in Japan" when it isn't?

(...snip....
yes it is! It's called misleading consumer, and I'm pretty sure it's unlawful....

04-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
yes it is! It's called misleading consumer, and I'm pretty sure it's unlawful....
It would come down to "intent" regarding it being unlawful. It is more likely the result of a large web and print catalog and not updating them yet. This is an issue that could be dealt with directly with the company and a 50 page thread should be the last resort. If it wasn't for BH and Adorama, I'd play hell getting a diversity of Pentax gear where I live. Both are actual B & M stores. Both have a very good return policy.

Last edited by Blue; 04-24-2010 at 05:45 PM.
04-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #21
Banned

Photos: Albums
So what is the lesson here?
"The better is the enemy of the good"
--Voltaire

Of course, Henry can return it and continue his quest, so there's no loss of money in this chapter.
04-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
(1) Don't you think it is bad for a website to say "Made in Japan" when it isn't?
I think the point is moot, because you're dealing with an outdated and no longer reliable term.

How things may/must be marked regarding their country of origin has long since moved into the hands of legislators, who have it all mucked up.

For example:

I sometimes haul imported container loads of pickled vegetables which enter Japan from China in bulk packages of about 500kg. Once here, they are repackaged into much smaller units suitable for the grocer's showcase and the housewife's refrigerator shelf.

That mere act of repackaging allows them, legally, to be marketed as "Made In Japan".

04-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I returned this lens to B&H for a refund, and the 77mm seems to be comfortable for me.
04-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I think the point is moot, because you're dealing with an outdated and no longer reliable term.

How things may/must be marked regarding their country of origin has long since moved into the hands of legislators, who have it all mucked up.

For example:

I sometimes haul imported container loads of pickled vegetables which enter Japan from China in bulk packages of about 500kg. Once here, they are repackaged into much smaller units suitable for the grocer's showcase and the housewife's refrigerator shelf.

That mere act of repackaging allows them, legally, to be marketed as "Made In Japan".
My DA lenses say "Assembled in Vietnam" which indicates that parts may be made elsewhere, such as the lens elements. There was the issue of cars made in the US from foreign manufacturers but were in reality "assembled" in the US from foreign parts. Now, the stickers on cars must list the percentage of North American parts the car has. The irony is that my Honda has more North American parts than my previous Ford had. I'm currently replying on a Gateway desktop I bought in 2002....Made in USA! There is probably not a single part inside made here. Even the Intel motherboard, another American company, is made overseas.