Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2007, 03:56 AM   #1

Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC Macro

Well I just got this lens yesterday new off ebay and I am very pleased with except one thing. There is a little white speck of dust behind the first element on the from of the lens. What should I do?

07-25-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take so shots with it in arious lighting especially darker scenes. Make sure your sensor is clean and take the shots with another lens (prime?) of the same subjects at as close a focal range as you can to the new lens. I'd guess that you will find that the dust will not show up at all. Dust in a zoom lens is unfortunately normal after some use. The zooming in and out can cause the lens to 'suck' some air and dust inside. Never much but still noticeable with close inspection. If the test shots show issues then maybe a return is in order. The lens can be cleaned but you will never get it all out.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
f2.8 ex dc, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, sigma 18-50mm f2.8, slr lens