Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2010, 02:44 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Got me a DA15mm ltd coming =D

After hours of looking at the `DA15mm controls my mind` thread and being constantly amazed by this lens i found a great deal on the marketplace for one of these lenses in Australia. You wouldnt believe the ridiculous pricing of the lens here so im fair pleased with the purchase.
So happy i just had to let everyone know about it =p
Will post photos once i get the lens

04-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Congratulations! Its a terrific lens, I couldn't do without mine and I expect you will feel the same.
04-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations! I want one too
Looking forward to see your photos w/ it!
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes, congratulations... I'm so very jealous!
Can't wait to see pics!

04-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #5

Hiya,

I see you're in Adelaide too. Where did you find the deal?

I agree with you about the prices here... they're all over the shop... the DA15 Ltd is less than the DA70 Ltd at Adorama, but here it's over double the price!

Nick
04-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm in Brisbane, and my DA15 just arrived from Adorama. Service was very quick, and even with UPS shipping added in (not cheap) the price was still only about half of what is being asked here on various online "discount" camera stores.

My advice? Buy it from Adorama! I also just received my Pentax AF-160C ring flash from them, and I have a new Sigma 8-16mm on pre-order from them too.

I'm hoping to get out and about with the DA15 in the next few days.
04-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #7

Original Poster
Gah its almost here, got a pm saying it was sent this morning, fair buzzing

@nick
I got it from the marketplace on this very forum. Had a few squizzes but most of it is usually from the US. Was such a bargain i had 2 have it =)

@pete
i was looking to buy it from bhphotovideo.com but still had a hard time pulling the trigger, being a pov student and all. Maybe once i get a job i can start looking at getting more than 1 lens a year =p
04-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I bought mine from Adorama, Australian prices on this and a number of other lenses is just insane still... must be the poor aussie dollar.. ohh wait... lol

04-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #9

I'm tossing up the next purchase...

I chose the DA70 Ltd (which I also got from Adorama) over the DA*55 f/1.8 because of all the talk of SDM problems.
Now I'm torn between the DA15 Ltd (also after reading the DA15 controls my mind thread), the DA* 16-55, or a K7 with the kit lens (just been through the Kit Lens Club thread and there are some really fantastic shots there).

Nick
04-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #10
wjt
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am avoiding reading the '15mm controls my mind' and any other thread pertaining to lenses on my wish list. Reading them would end in buying them, would end in death/divorce... i might go read it now.

Hope you enjoy your new lens. Look forward to seeing some pictures

I think pentax should give j.sherman a big hug and a lens for making that thread, i am sure it has been the cause of many da15 sales worldwide
04-28-2010, 05:23 AM   #11
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by Derridale Quote
I'm in Brisbane, and my DA15 just arrived from Adorama. Service was very quick, and even with UPS shipping added in (not cheap) the price was still only about half of what is being asked here on various online "discount" camera stores.

My advice? Buy it from Adorama! I also just received my Pentax AF-160C ring flash from them, and I have a new Sigma 8-16mm on pre-order from them too.

I'm hoping to get out and about with the DA15 in the next few days.
Thank you!

Your feedback is very much appreciated - and don't forget that I'm only an email away for advice or after-sales support!
04-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I am still fightiing within myself if i want to change my 12-24 to 15 limited... sigh...
05-03-2010, 03:18 AM   #13

Original Poster
Finally got the lens this morning and ive been loving it =D Worst part was i got a little card in the mail friday afternoon saying i had a package waiting for collection, but the post office was already closed, which meant waiting till today =(
Anyways, i took a few photos on the way from home to uni. Dont really have enough time these days to spend hours trekking the city but maybe the weekend.
Heres a few of them

I know these arent the best photos ever but i still had fun =)

May put more up later in the week
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #14

It's a sweet lens and will give you a lot of breathtaking photos in the yrs to come. A wide angle at this size is quite a treat, gotta love Pentax for manufacturing this gem. Enjoy!