Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Naim Khan Quote
Here are a couple of my shots. Although not as awesome as the others that have been posted, I am not not unpleased with the results I've got.

Happy shooting with your new lens Lesmore49.
Cheers
Naim,

The museum pix makes me think...perfect lens for inside buildings...even at F4...your museum pix comes out very nice.

Les

04-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by art2d2 Quote

Brilliant colour rendition.
04-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #18
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, there's no denying it, Les. The 12-24 is simply the best in its class, despite not being a DA*, and is priced accordingly. It may as well be considered a 'Limited' zoom. I don't know how it would stack up against the DA 15 ltd, but I'm sure it'd perform well - only it's a chunky lens to lug around with its 77mm diameter front. Enjoy it.
04-30-2010, 04:06 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Well, there's no denying it, Les. The 12-24 is simply the best in its class, despite not being a DA*, and is priced accordingly. It may as well be considered a 'Limited' zoom. I don't know how it would stack up against the DA 15 ltd, but I'm sure it'd perform well - only it's a chunky lens to lug around with its 77mm diameter front. Enjoy it.
I tested my 12-24 against the 15mm Ltd and after doing so, I saw no reason what so ever to invest in the 15. In fact, I would go as far as to say, that the Pentax 12-24 is one of the best extreme wide angel zoom lenses ever produced.

05-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Naim,

The museum pix makes me think...perfect lens for inside buildings...even at F4...your museum pix comes out very nice.

Les
I agree Les - it works really works well.
05-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
The only thing that had me buying the DA15 was the size. The DA 12-24 is almost exactly the same size as my Sigma 17-35 DG EX 2.8-4, and I found I often left that lens behind, even in its heyday, because of its bulk. It may be silly, but that diameter and length just doesn't fit properly in a bag.

I may still spring for the 12-24 someday, as it does seem quite special.
05-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #22
Inactive Account

DA12-24 @19mm. 20 minutes after this was taken a wicked thunderstorm came through and caused a brown-out in the entire area. That meant I was electronically disconnected from the rest of the world. So I went out and took some other pictures (with the DA*16-50)

Came home and the power was still out so I cleaned up my yard, after Him... (Sears 55mm f1.4 M42) and cut the grass..

When I finished that I noticed that the blossoms on my Ash tree were beginning to bloom. That always attracts a swarm of bees. So the camera was next fitted with the DFA 100mm f2.8 and my recently acquired macro ring flash (the Pentax one).. As is typical for any of my macro attempts, the wind would kick up a micro second before I could release the shutter but still a pretty fair shot..

Amazing what happens when you step away from the computer and actually go use this camera stuff.

05-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #23

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ari Quote
All lovely shots! Really wish I got the 12-24 rather than the sigma 10-20 (though it is a righteous lens by itself). The Pentax seems much sharper and contrast-y..............
Absolutely and everything does not have the dark tunnel look either. I chose the 12-24mm F4 over the Sigma 10-20 exactly because of that. I just couldn't take it. It did well in the distortion deparment side though.

- Itai

05-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And here is a set of images I took with K10d and DA 12-24.
Elk River, BC, Canada - a set on Flickr