Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I might be the luckiest pentax user ever!!

I bought a sears-auto 28-70mm lens for $15 (just to feed my LBA). I had read about the locking pin getting stuck on newer DSLRs but I read that a while back and had completely forgotten about it, so when my lens came in I didn't think twice about installing the lens. As you can probably guess the lens "locked" in about 1/2 through and after a few seconds I figured out what I had just did. I wanted to destroy the nearest thing to me but that was my Kx and I couldn't do that so I calmed down and tried to remove the lens for about 15min with no avail. I could not get anything in between the lens and the camera to free up the pin. So I read online that some people had to actually cut the lens off with a saw and I was at a point where this seemed to be my only option so out came my hack saw. I was about to hack away but decided to give it one last nudge and out it popped (with very little effort). I was the happiest person on earth.

I have since removed the pin and now can enjoy my 28-70 lens with no worries of it getting stuck.

04-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have been caught to

Happened to me not long after I got my K-x. Fortunately I searched the forums / Interweb before getting out the hacksaw.
Mine came off with a bit of jiggling / twisting and a component of brute force and ignorance (being a particularly important component). Actually it wasn't that bad but you get the idea.

Removed the pin off the lense and all was well.
04-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This happened to me, I mean, my friend. Here is the thread. In case it went all the way, an auto feeler gauge is only ~$5 at your auto shop supplies.