Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2010, 04:16 AM   #1

Who have Pentax K 135-600mm/6.7 ? HELP!

Hi! My original language is russian, so sorry for my terrible english
Is there anybody, who have Pentax K 135-600/6.7 ?
Can you help me ?
I also buy it. But my lens is very used and came to me without a hood.
Can anybody make some engeneering measurements to make the completely engeneering drawing of your hood for this lens? I'll try to order it on manufacturing plant in my city.
And send me more photos of this hood on the lens and separately.

Thank you.

04-29-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd guess that a 135mm generic round hood that fits its filter size would work as well. Have you looked into that?
04-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
No! Original hood is sliding - this is the first thing.
The second thing - on the generic hood impossible to put the original front cap, which I have.
So I try to find some sizes and dimensions of the original hood.
04-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #4

I suggest you search the forums and identify what members have this lense and PM them directly. That is what I would do in your position. Regards

04-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums, Alone Stranger. I would also try contacting Russia's or Europe's Pentax service representative to see if they could give you any further information. Not sure if they could help you but at least that will be one avenue that you have tried.

http://www.pentax.ru/
04-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Bit off topic
QuoteOriginally posted by cps_goodbuy Quote
I suggest you search the forums and identify what members have this lense and PM them directly. That is what I would do in your position. Regards
Is there an easy way to do that? Going through profiles and signatures is a hell of a job.
04-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Привет,

Добро пожаловать на веб-странице. Вы говорите по-английски лучше, чем я говорить на русском. Я любил в Санкт-Петербурге в течение 6 месяцев.

PM, если вы что-нибудь нужно.

Sorry I cannot help with your lens.

Джорд

04-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Bit off topic
Is there an easy way to do that? Going through profiles and signatures is a hell of a job.
Yes- you can just search the memberlist.

Here are the members that came up who have the lens:
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: mole
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: mannesty

Both have been on recently.

Because the lens has a built-in hood, I doubt it has a front filter thread.

I would contact mole and see what advice he can give you. Hope this helps!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Very clever, but still can't find it. Please tell us which menus to follow to get to a search for that.

I checked the search in the menu bar and the advanced search and checked the forum members list for such an option and did not see it. I'm probably blind
04-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

In the upper-right corner of the memberlist, there is a search option. Direct link:

PentaxForums.com - Members List - Search

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-30-2010, 02:43 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam.
04-30-2010, 03:29 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to have missed your post - I do not haved time to "stop by" here very often.

I have a Pentax K 135-600 F 6.7. On mine, the hood is a part of the lens - slides out to be used. Check yours carefully to be sure the hood is actually missing, and not just stuck.

The lens is threaded (In fact, pentax made a close-up filter for this lens), so it might be possible to purchase or fabricate a hood that will screw onto the lens. I will check mine later, to see what size the filter is, and also to measure the hood.

It may be next week before I have a chance to post the measurements.

Hope you are already enjoying this fine lens!
05-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Roland303 Quote
Welcome to the forums, Alone Stranger. I would also try contacting Russia's or Europe's Pentax service representative to see if they could give you any further information. Not sure if they could help you but at least that will be one avenue that you have tried.
This is unreal idea!
At first - exclusive pentax reseller (Pentar JSC) in Russia is very VERY expensive: the new Pentax bodyes and lenses is two times more expensive, that in USA or Japan.
At second - Pentar JSC is very lazy! If some of parts, that you need, they did`nt have on warehouse - they just said: you cannot order it because there is no technical ability. If I'm going to insist - they said: Okay. The price will ..... (3-5 times more expensive, that in USA or Japan)!
But this is for new parts! Pentar did'nt sell any parts, lens or bodies, that not in production.

Europe's Pentax ? I think, that it is easier to find a good turner with a lathe than try contact Europe's Pentax with our postal services.

QuoteOriginally posted by mole Quote
Check yours carefully to be sure the hood is actually missing, and not just stuck.
No! It is not stuck. I've attached some photos below. By those photos you can see, that there is really absent hood on my lens.

QuoteOriginally posted by mole Quote
The lens is threaded (In fact, pentax made a close-up filter for this lens), so it might be possible to purchase or fabricate a hood that will screw onto the lens. I will check mine later, to see what size the filter is, and also to measure the hood.

It may be next week before I have a chance to post the measurements.

Hope you are already enjoying this fine lens!
It is easier to fabricate a sliding hood without thread.

Some photos:
05-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I am no engineer, so hope these measurements are accurate enough:

Hood is 115 mm long, 103 mm dia, and projects 48 mm beyond the end of the lens when fully extended.

Here are two photos:
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 
05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #15
Pentaxian

A piece of plastic pipe may work.