Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Using more than one flash...

Hi there. For all the years I've been shooting Pentax I only recently acquired a couple more flashes and the contraptions to link them together. I am interested in taking some family photos. In July we will acually have all 3 kids their wives and husband (one daughter, two sons) along with our eight grandchildren in the same spot at the same time. This has been impossible in the past due to traveling for jobs and tours of duty
THIS is going to be a special "kodak" moment!
My questions being; Number 1, if I have my AF240FT (for instance) attached to my ZX-50 with a "generic" Pentax dedicated off-camera flash cord on one tripod beside the camera-on-a-pod and link my AF400FTZ to it with a Pentax 5P cord on a tripod on the other side of the camera, Should I shoot in TTL mode?
And Number 2, if I use wireless connections to spread the light out some (also using white translucent umbrellies) Should I shoot in A low-manual or A high-manual mode. I don't know at this time (another question) if the ttl is supported through the wireless although the receivers do have the correct flash pin arrangement.
I realize that all this is just going to lead me to more questions but, Hey, that's what it's all about!