Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Price Matching on Memory Cards?

I am about to purchase a K5 with an extra battery and the kit len, along with a few other things. Can B&H match the price of another online store for the memory cards I want? It is Amazon so it is reputable (not like I'm quoting $20 imports from ebay and asking for that). Here are the two items in question.

Amazon: Amazon.com: SanDisk 16GB Extreme - SDHC Class 10 High Performance memory card (SDSDX3-016G-P31, Retail Packaging) - NEW 30MB/s version: Electronics

B&H: Cookie Authentication

I would rather not split up the shipment and order from multiple places, especially during the holidays, but if it saves me a few bucks I might have to. Thanks!

12-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Never mind, I found a better deal with B&H that I will stick with. The rebate for buying two, smaller capacity cards allows me to get a faster card for the same price as the one mentioned above. Plus I would like to support the forum, as it is probably half the reason for the purchase in the first place.
12-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
B&H Photo Representative

I'm glad you found an opportunity that's attractive to you. Thank you for shopping with us.

You asked, "Can B&H match the price of another online store..." In general, our reply to that is this:

We're always willing to consider any price-match inquiry. We consider each on an individual case-by-case basis and say, "Yes," as often as we can. We always regret when circumstances prevent us from doing so. Among our considerations are that the item be in stock at B&H and at the other retailer and we always check the other retailer's credentials in Resellerratings com. We consider the total retailer-to-you price including s&h and so on.

Amazon presents a unique situation. Sometimes we're comparing an amazon price and sometimes the price is from one of their "marketplace" or other partner retailers. We prefer to verify price and availability on the retailer's own site.

HERE'S THE RUB though. B&H is an affiliate here. If you click from our links here (including the one in my sig) and place an order, this site is supported. It is impossible for us to offer a transaction outside that path and still support this site. (And it's likely the other retailer whose price you're considering is not supporting this site in any way at all.) So I guess it's up to each site member to decide individually how to proceed with this in mind.

Last edited by henryp; 12-02-2010 at 08:29 AM.