Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #16
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by whymenotu Quote
Did anyone here stop to consider that one of my reasons for bringing this up was to help B & H get even better customer reviews, because of their care in packaging the lenses? I guess I am naive in that way.
I must confess, rereading your original post, this motive has escaped me. Nevertheless, we appreciate your business both past and future.

03-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #17

Original Poster
Hi, henryp

Well, it's like this, henryp. I was thinking that, if I encouraged B & H to more carefully package their customers' orders, that their reputation with people who received these orders with the "flimsy plastic pouches" still inflated (or with better padding), would be even better than it already is. But that was before I understood how B & H Photo look at packing customer orders. Thank you for all the packaging information.

As you have seen already, another reason for my asking the original question, henryp, was so that B & H might consider using more reliable cushioning material. However, since the manufacturer has seen to all this for you by making the original packaging sturdy enough to prevent damage, my original question is no longer relevant.

Thank you for the explanation of your packaging policy, and also of how manufacturers package their lenses and cameras for shipment.
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #18
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by whymenotu Quote
Thank you for the explanation of your packaging policy, and also of how manufacturers package their lenses and cameras for shipment.
Thank you. Much appreciated.