Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Does BH set aside stock for RMA exchange?

I received a bad lens from BH few weeks ago, requested RMA for exchange, and RMA was approved while the lens was still "in stock". By the time BH received my return few days later, the lens became "out of stock". The guy who processed the RMA called me, "I can't give you exchange because the lens is out of stock." Well, I didn't really want a refund... after 20 min, I finally got a back order.

Does BH have an inventory system that can handle exchange?

04-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

I'm very sorry for this inconvenience but from the meager information available here I cannot ID you or the transaction in question. Feel free to email me with details and I will see what can be done to expedite this on your behalf.
04-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you Henry. It was just a general question. The issue had been resolved once the back order was in place.
I should probably rephrase my question as "How does BH handle RMA exchange inventory?" I'm sorry about the confusion.
04-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by MaK5 Quote
Thank you Henry. It was just a general question. The issue had been resolved once the back order was in place.
I should probably rephrase my question as "How does BH handle RMA exchange inventory?" I'm sorry about the confusion.
You may be gratified to know I shared this with the managers of our returns and customer service departments and it's been escalated to a senior director just below, and reporting directly to, our COO.