Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
B&H Photo Representative

B&H Passover hiatus

Upcoming Passover Closing Monday, April 18th thru Tuesday, April 26th 2011

Our SuperStore and offices will be closed in observance of Passover from Monday, April 18th, through Tuesday April 26th. We will reopen on Wednesday, April 27th at 9:00AM EDT.

Orders must be placed by 12:00PM EDT on Sunday, April 17th in order to ship before the Holiday.

Orders placed after this time will ship when we reopen.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patronage.

04-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
HELP! Hiatus Comes Early for Canadians???

Sorry for the desperate post, but I'm not sure what else to do, and Henry doesn't accept PMs.

Heeding the warnings of B&H Passover closure, I placed an order on Friday during business hours for fastest shipment to Canada, for gear I need this week. This was well before the Sunday noon cut-off for orders.

Now, the holiday has set in and my order is showing as "in stock, order sent to warehouse". I'm not sure whether the WEBSITE is simply behind reality (and not likely to be updated during holidays) or if my order didn't ship. If it didn't, I'd want to cancel and order from somewhere else. But I'm afraid if it HAS shipped, I'd end up with redundant gear (on a pretty damn big order).

SUGGESTIONS? IS THERE ANYONE I CAN CHECK WITH AT B&H DESPITE HOLIDAYS? DO I BUY REDUNDANT GEAR AND PRAY I DON'T END UP WITH 2 SETS? (Most of what I'm after is not available at a bricks & mortar store, so I'm facing returning a bunch of gear by post if I end up with 2 of everything.)

Thanks in advance from anyone who can help, Henryp or otherwise.
04-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, for me, when I placed my order on Friday afternoon it looks like it got lost somewhere. I never got a confirmation email and as far as the site goes it has no record of my order. Oh well, that's what I get for not printing out the invoice as usual. :-\
04-20-2011, 02:44 AM   #4

Order Placed just before the Passover Closing

Hi,

It is my first time placing an online order through B&H for a Pentax lens minutes just before the Passover closing. However, though I had received an order confirmation from B&H, I've yet to receive any tracking number for my lens. Truth be told, it's stated on the B&H website that tracking number would be available 1-2days after shipping. And since it has been more than 2 days and B&H is closed until 27 Apr, is there anyone who is familiarized with B&H operations able to provide a reasonable explanation for this, as I am worried about my order status.

04-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
B&H Photo Representative

Original Poster
We appreciate your concerns. David & promise- your orders will ship as soon as we reopen. I am sorry about any inconvenience. Since our offices, warehouse and shipping departments are all closed there's no way for me to check this and no way to make things happen any faster.

David -- there is a good chance you'd get two shipments if you reorder since there's no way for me to cancel your order witih us until we reopen and I couldn't promise the cancel instructions would go through before the order left our hands.

jboyde - I'm not sure what the problem is with your order but we'd be happy to check as soon as we reopen 4/27.

Last edited by henryp; 04-27-2011 at 08:59 AM.
04-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

Original Poster
David -- Followup. I see we received your request to cancel your order. The request has been processed, the order canceled, and a refund issued to the same credit card used to place the order originally.