Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Order 338902470 Half Misssing

I ordered it May 4, it was back-ordered. Call, and got a hold of the guy who was either asleep or drunk. You guys took care of it.

You let me know Manfrotto would be shipping 1st week of June. I got it June 9th. Here is my invoice:

Manfrotto MAMTT2P02
MTT2-P02 Table Top Tripod w/ Ball Head & Extension Column.

This is the reason I purchased it from B&H because it was the newer model and came with an extension column.

Well, no extension column, and I sent an email but you guys were closed for several days. Just now, after several attempts at sending and getting no answer, I just received this from B&H.

I hope this e-mail finds you well.
We are sorry for the delay; apparently there has been an error on the website within regards to the MANFROTTO TABLE TOP TRIPOD w/BALL HEAD. Unfortunately it doesn't included the EXTENSION COLUMN. We are have since corrected it.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.

Mark S

I have not had one order go well with you guys and now half an order. I'm sorry, but I'm all out of understanding.

I know you have a lot of products. I know mistakes happen. However, this is way too much as I could have ordered from Amazon and had it in 2 days instead of 6 weeks. However, I went with your store instead.

Please either fulfill what I paid and waited for, or send me a prepaid return stamp and we'll end this dance.

06-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

We appreciate your order and regret both our error and the dissatisfaction it has caused. The Manfrotto MTT2-P02 Table Top Tripod with Ball Head (B&H # MAMTT2P02) is a new model but does not come from Manfrotto with an extension column.

Unfortunately the only Manfrotto extension column for a tabletop tripod I see on our site is the Manfrotto 259B 10" Extension Column for 209 Tabletop Tripod and it is out of stock.

At your request I have emailed return authorization and a pre-paid UPS label for your convenience. Once again, our apologies.
06-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank You for your response.

However, I'm not happy at all as this is the 2nd time this has happened.

6 weeks, having to put up with some drugged or half asleep service rep. Then sent the order & act like my receipt never existed. Not a word that there was a problem.

I believe your company when they said it was a mistake and they have corrected the problem so no one else will think they're paying for one thing and getting another.
However, it does not take away the feeling like the old bait and switch.

If I would have known, at least I could have ordered the extension from Manfrotto 6 weeks ago when they had it in stock. I ordered it from B&H because you have been helpful to many people here with answers to your products.

I was hoping your company would make it right. At the very least, you could have asked me if I would like one of the Extension Columns to be held for me to purchase, & shipped without an extra charge.

Last time I had to send back a defective product to B&H, I did not get my full refund. I would rather let my credit card company & the BBS make the decision this time to what's right.

I do thank you for your fast response, however I was hoping that B&H would know how to work with a customer when the mistake is on their part.

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
We appreciate your order and regret both our error and the dissatisfaction it has caused. The Manfrotto MTT2-P02 Table Top Tripod with Ball Head (B&H # MAMTT2P02) is a new model but does not come from Manfrotto with an extension column.

Unfortunately the only Manfrotto extension column for a tabletop tripod I see on our site is the Manfrotto 259B 10" Extension Column for 209 Tabletop Tripod and it is out of stock.

At your request I have emailed return authorization and a pre-paid UPS label for your convenience. Once again, our apologies.
06-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
At the very least, you could have asked me if I would like one of the Extension Columns to be held for me to purchase, & shipped without an extra charge.
I'd have been happy to do so but as I said earlier, it's not in stock. I cannot say with certainty when Manfrotto will send us more so offering to sell you one at some undefinable time in the future didn't seem productive, particularly in light of your original complaint.

QuoteQuote:
I do thank you for your fast response, however I was hoping that B&H would know how to work with a customer when the mistake is on their part.
You're welcome. As I said earlier, we regret both our error and the dissatisfaction it has caused. You wrote, "Please either fulfill what I paid and waited for, or send me a prepaid return stamp..." Under the circumstances, it seemed to me working with the customer meant complying with your request. If there's an alternate mutually agreeable and practical solution, I'm all ears.

06-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm left with few alternatives

I have 1/2 of what I need. I have half of what I was charged for on May 4th for a MTT2-P02 Table Top Tripod w/ Ball Head & Extension Column.

Since I'm unable to locate the extra part, I'm left with few alternatives. Everyone else is out of stock & except for Adorama, has jacked up the price as well, but I would have to pay for shipping.

However, here is the email I received June 2nd from B&H:
------------------------------------------------------------
Dear G*** H****,

We are pleased to inform you that the following order has been shipped. (If this email was sent on a Sunday or a Legal Holiday, your order has been packed and will be shipped on the next business day.) Order Number: 1016748195

Boxes: 1 Tracking #1: 1ZE6W311034*** **I received it June 8th.**

Item Qty Item Description MAMTT2P021MTT2-P02 Table Top Tripod w/ Ball Head & Extension Column
Upon receipt of your order, please check to make sure all contents are included and no damage has occurred in transit. Claims for damaged or missing items must be reported within 2 business days of delivery.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I kept trying, but all I got was a recording and all my emails returned. I did not hear anything from B&H until June 13th.

So, for 6 days I used the product. (Which is very usable without the 10 inch column)
All the while, expecting the Extension Column to be sent, thinking it was an accident on B&H side and did not ship it with the package.

If I sent it back, I'm going to be charged for it's use and there was no mention of the refund of my shipping as well.

Here's my issue. I'm charged & pay for an item on May 4th.

I get it June 8th.

6 days later, I hear from B&H & get a "Sorry".

When I posted here yesterday, I thought I could find it elsewhere. However, I realized as well, I might not get a refund at all due to it being used.

So, here is what I'm left with.

When, they do become available, I would ask that B&H would hold one of the Manfrotto 259B 10" Extension Column for the advertise Price: $23.49.

I would also hope that B&H would not double charge me for shipping for what I paid for in good faith to be a part of the product in the 1st place.

I, in good faith will pay for the product, but not until it's in stock as I don't like my money being held hostage.
Most stores don't charge until the item is shipped. (In fact, Adorama states they will not charge until it ships)

That to me is the "practical solution".

Not one I'm happy with, but nothing else I can do.
As, I don't want to be out $30 and have to re-purchase the 1/2 of the product I already have in my possession at $20 more then what I paid.

Thank you for your time. I'm sorry this sounds heated, but it just seems to be an ongoing problem these days with most companies except for Amazon & Buy.com, which bend over backwards to make sure the customer is taken care of when a problem happens.

The difference is B&H, Adorama, 47st know about the products. Plus the fact, B&H, & Adorama are here and I know you offer some great advice to many people.

So, that ends my long rant. Sorry.

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
I'd have been happy to do so but as I said earlier, it's not in stock. I cannot say with certainty when Manfrotto will send us more so offering to sell you one at some undefinable time in the future didn't seem productive, particularly in light of your original complaint.

You're welcome. As I said earlier, we regret both our error and the dissatisfaction it has caused. You wrote, "Please either fulfill what I paid and waited for, or send me a prepaid return stamp..." Under the circumstances, it seemed to me working with the customer meant complying with your request. If there's an alternate mutually agreeable and practical solution, I'm all ears.
06-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
I have half of what I was charged for...
Respectfully, this is incorrect. Despite the inadvertent error on our site, for which we have already apologized, you were charged for and received a MAMTT2P02 Table Top Tripod w/ Ball Head.

QuoteQuote:
If I sent it back, I'm going to be charged for it's use and there was no mention of the refund of my shipping as well.
My earlier correspondence made no mention of a restock fee if you return this and we did send you a pre-paid UPS return label. If you choose to return this we will certainly refund the s&h originally applied to the purchase.

QuoteQuote:
When, they do become available, I would ask that B&H would hold one of the Manfrotto 259B 10" Extension Column for the advertise Price: $23.49.
I would also hope that B&H would not double charge me for shipping for what I paid for in good faith to be a part of the product in the 1st place.
I, in good faith will pay for the product, but not until it's in stock as I don't like my money being held hostage.
No problem. I'm working from home today but I'll be in the office Thur and will be happy to process an extension column transaction with n/c s&h and not charge your card until we ship.
Closed Thread