Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #1

Tamron 180 Macro

Any hope of this lens becoming available for the K-mount? I have the 90, but the 180 is one I have always had my eye on.

Thanks!

Steve

09-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AFAIK this lens is only for canikon and sony. However, Sigma is coming out with something even better:

Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro Lens 106109 B&H Photo

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
Do you think it will be better? Hype is one thing, but take into account that I already have the 90mm, and I was looking for something with a significantly longer focal length. Do you think the IQ is worth the price considering I already have a really good lens? It is 2/3 longer, so maybe...

Thanks for the advice!

S
09-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We can't know for sure until the lens comes out, but considering the great lenses Sigma has been coming out with recently, I'm sure this one won't disappoint, either!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: