Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What is the story concerning the Sigma 500mm lens

I was quite unlucky ordering the Sigma 500mm lens. By the time B&H received my bank order money, it had run out of stock. I have been in limbo ever since. ie six months. Since the various announcements of the new 500mm lens I have been expecting my order to be shipped at least a month ago. Maybe you can fill us in why there has been such a long delay from announcing the lens availability and actually getting supplies.

10-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
I was quite unlucky ordering the Sigma 500mm lens. By the time B&H received my bank order money, it had run out of stock. I have been in limbo ever since. ie six months. Since the various announcements of the new 500mm lens I have been expecting my order to be shipped at least a month ago. Maybe you can fill us in why there has been such a long delay from announcing the lens availability and actually getting supplies.
Bob: I am sorry for what I know is a frustrating situation. Using the information in your forum profile I looked for your order and cannot find it. My email is in my sig. Please send me your B&H order number so I can investigate.

I will say, in general, there are too often supply issues with more esoteric products. The Sigma 500 qualifies and in the Pentax mount it certainly qualifies. I mean no disrespect to Pentax or its many fans here but I think we all recognize that Sigma will churn out lenses in Nikon and Canon mounts far more readily than in Pentax.

I presume we're discussing this behemoth:
Sigma Telephoto 500mm f/4.5 EX DG APO Autofocus Lens for Pentax AF (Mfr# 184109).

I've asked our buyer to reach out to Sigma America for an update and they advised him they're shipping to us this week.