Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
Forum Member

Can You Help Me Get My Lens?

I'm really frustrated with B&H. A week ago I ordered a Tamron 10-24mm 3.5 lens, sent it priority mail with a request for confirmation. It arrived in NYC and delivery was attempted on Saturday, 24 Dec. B&H was closed. The confirmation notice online says that a notice was left. Here it is Wednesday and the confirmation information says it is still at the post office. Why doesn't B&H take that notice to the post office and sign for the parcel so I can get my lens?

I've tried contacting B&H and they told me to call the post office. Again, why isn't B&H going to the post office, signing for the letter, and filling my order?

Anyway, I tried calling the post office and got tangled in a series of menus and never did get to speak to a person as I was disconnected when I tried entering the confirmation number in my phone. I then called B&H customer service and the rep got me online with the post office, ready to talk to a postal agent, but I was online for some time and have limited minutes on my cell phone and hung up.

I checked on the status this morning and it's still at the post office. I used to have a post office box and when I had a notice for a signature, I would go to the window, sign the receipt and get the mail. And if I picked up my mail when that section of the post office was closed, I did it the next day.

What is the problem here?

That lens is eligible for a rebate but it must be bought this year. I really do not want the lens if I do not get the rebate. You can return the money order and I'll buy the lens from someone else.

This is not the first time I've had problems getting materials from your firm. Another time I got caught up in a Jewish holiday and had to wait an extra 3-4 days. This past summer I ordered two lenses and UPS rerouting my package to TX and I had to wait nearly an extra week. That I realize is not your fault.

Can you possibly look into this and either help me get the lens ASAP (but only if the invoice is dated this year, preferably later today!) or I'll just have the post office return my money order.

Russell Bloch
Quote #368777000
USPS Confirmation tracking number: 03111660000105957489

12-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to sign for it, not B&H- generally that's the rule for packages of high value. You should either go online and schedule redelivery, or go to the post office to pick it up.
12-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
B&H Photo Representative

Russell: I'm very sorry about this lapse and have asked customer service to expedite this on your behalf.
12-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
No, you don't understand. I'm sorry that I wasn't clear. The letter is in New York. The post office attempted delivery on Saturday the 24th, and B&H was closed. The post office left B&H a notification of attempted delivery. YOU have to pick up my money order at the NYC post office. That's all. I don't need to call the post office...B&H needs to sign for it when they pick up their mail from the post office box.

12-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by TooLoose Quote
B&H needs to sign for it when they pick up their mail from the post office box.
Actually the mail delivery person is supposed to bring it back the next business day. I don't know why he did not, but we're making arrangements to get this.
12-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
As it turned out, my money order was lost. B&H told me they had attempted to get it three times from the post office. Not wanting the lens without the rebate, I cancelled the order early this morning. When I got in today at 4 PM, I thought I'd check the delivery status for the hell of it, and it was delivered to B&H today at noon. I tried calling to have them go ahead with the order, but they were already closed. I needed the invoice to have a 2011 date. Oh well. We both lose.

Just for the record, I would have appreciated it much more if B&H had included me in the loop of what was really going on rather than just asking me to wait and see what happened. They should have told me the post office lost it right away. I would have waited to see if it showed up.

What a mess!
01-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by TooLoose Quote
Just for the record, I would have appreciated it much more if B&H had included me in the loop of what was really going on rather than just asking me to wait and see what happened. They should have told me the post office lost it right away. I would have waited to see if it showed up.
We told you what we knew when we knew it. I am sorry for this unfortunate situation.

01-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Kudos to B&H. I spoke with them this morning and they apologized for the mess up, acknowledged that I am too late for the mfg rebate and said they'd issue me a refund for the amount I would have gotten from Tamron. They'll ship it tomorrow and they upgraded the shipping so I'll have it sooner. I have been a customer of B&H (bought two cameras and 5-6 lenses) and I really appreciate them stepping up to the plate and hitting me a home run, at their expense even.