Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
what happens if....

all the mail order retailers kept selling pentax lenses at the older prices? Would pentax cut off its only reliable source of sales??? If so, then who needs them???

04-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

I haven't see the contract between Pentax USA and B&H and I cannot explain anything about any other retailer. In some instances a contract like the one between Pentax USA and B&H would allow the retailer to sell existing stock at whatever price points the retailer had established and would impose new rules (MAP or unilateral pricing for instance) on newly acquired equipment. In other instances the new rules are imposed on all sales after a certain date, no matter when the retailer ordered or received the merchandise.

My experience with other suppliers is new rules like these are strictly enforced and the penalties for violating them are severe.