Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Sponsored price link inaccurate

I've had my eye on a digital audio recorder for a while at B&H. It's advertised in Google's sponsored links as $229. When I go to B&H, the price is $249.99, but when I added it to my cart, it reflected the lower price, so all was good. Finally, this morning, I was ready to buy it, but the price in the cart was back up. The sponsored link for the lower price is still showing in a Google search, but apparently that lower price is no longer available. I messaged the sales dept. and the reply was "we don't honor price links."

Which begs the question: why are you paying for the links in the first place? Is it just to randomly annoy people, or to help reduce your chances of selling the item? Both, maybe?

05-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

I am sorry for the confusion and I'd be happy to look into this further if you can tell me exactly which digital recorder you want. It's also be useful to have the URL of the lower price you saw on Google. My email address is in my forum sig.

In general, the prices on our site are the most current and accurate prices for products we're selling. Third-party sites often have inaccurate price information. I've seen s&h calculated into a product price using incorrect location information; I've seen expired rebate amounts calculated into product prices; I've seen outright fantasies whose source cannot be determined. As I said, with more information I'll be happy to run this down for you.
05-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Google analyzes prices on their own, so it may just have been a temporary issue on their end- just a tought.
05-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Henry, I sent you an email.

Adam, this looked like a typical merchant-sponsored ad to me, but these things are complicated, and I'll confess I don't know exactly how the ads are generated. I included a screenshot in my email to Henry. Thanks.

05-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Problem solved.

I'd like to thank Henry for going out of his way to help me on this. Maybe everyone with ordering issues gets this same speedy and personal service at B&H, but I suspect Pentax Forum members are lucky to have this level of access and support.
05-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Todd Adamson Quote
Problem solved.

I'd like to thank Henry for going out of his way to help me on this. Maybe everyone with ordering issues gets this same speedy and personal service at B&H, but I suspect Pentax Forum members are lucky to have this level of access and support.
Happy to help and it was kind of you to post this. Thank you.