Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Pentaxian

what happens to returned Pentax items?

The issue of returned bodies and lenses was brought up in another thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/206936-b-h-bla...-sold-new.html

Probably a lot of us are curious how B&H handles returns, specifically for Pentax. All my new Pentax items from B&H, Adorama, and Amazon have appeared to indeed be brand new. But, I've returned items (not to B&H specifically), and I'm wondering what happens to them. Generally I only return an item because I consider it defective. With regard to lenses in particular, some have been what I consider blatantly defective; other items have been more marginally defective. Sometimes it's difficult to know (especially without multiple copies to compare to) whether a lens is lacking in manufacture vs. lacking in design. I'm guessing that you may not be able to return items to the manufacturer for customer-alleged performance reasons, so if you can't... what happens to them?

Paul

12-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
The issue of returned bodies and lenses was brought up in another thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/206936-b-h-bla...-sold-new.html

Probably a lot of us are curious how B&H handles returns, specifically for Pentax.
Amazing how many times I get to answer the same question. If an item's defective it's returned to the source from which we got it. If a customer buys something, opens the box, says, "Wrong color, I made a bad choice," it's usually restocked. That said, each situation is individual and this is really an oversimplification.
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Amazing how many times I get to answer the same question. If an item's defective it's returned to the source from which we got it. If a customer buys something, opens the box, says, "Wrong color, I made a bad choice," it's usually restocked. That said, each situation is individual and this is really an oversimplification.
Thanks for the reply. I've just ordered my 3rd copy of the 55-300DA. The other two were from two other sources; this one is from B&H. For obvious reasons I'm not too optimistic about not having to send this one back too, but at least it's good to know we shouldn't be getting the same defective products back, even if we do buy from the same source.

Paul