Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #1

This can't be true

Hoping someone from B+H can help/confirm this for me. I am seriously freaking right now. I recently ordered Adobe Suite Cs6 for students now that I am enrolled in courses. Got the CD, opened it, got the serial number, started to install and realized it was a windows disc. Yes this surprised me, but I guess I messed up when ordering, however no where on the packing or disc itself does it say for windows or most likely would not have opened it.

Now B+H is saying they can not accept a return of this, since it's been opened. I can't believe this, as this costs more than $400 for student edition. There has to be some other way.

Please help!!

01-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jennverr Quote
Hoping someone from B+H can help/confirm this for me. I am seriously freaking right now. I recently ordered Adobe Suite Cs6 for students now that I am enrolled in courses. Got the CD, opened it, got the serial number, started to install and realized it was a windows disc. Yes this surprised me, but I guess I messed up when ordering, however no where on the packing or disc itself does it say for windows or most likely would not have opened it.

Now B+H is saying they can not accept a return of this, since it's been opened. I can't believe this, as this costs more than $400 for student edition. There has to be some other way.

Please help!!
We'll have to wait for B&H to reply about the return, but you can always download the mac version from Adobe's web site and the activate it using your serial number. That should work.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
Adam
Yes B+H wont' take it back. Why didn't I realize I could have d/l it? I guess I thought I would have to pay before downloading. That makes sense. Anyway, I did contact Adobe and they will do a cross platform swap for me. Thank god, I thought I was going to be out $400+! I guess this thread could actually be deleted if you wanted.
01-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by jennverr Quote
Anyway, I did contact Adobe and they will do a cross platform swap for me. Thank god, I thought I was going to be out $400+!
I am very sorry for the initial difficulty and glad to know it is being resolved. For future reference. the (very short) list of items we cannot accept for return is here.