Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Will this 10-17mm fit my k10d?

I am new to the Pentax DSLR. I have a K10d and am interested in the Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-eyeReview Navigation:
>
Introduction

More Pentax news at: Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-eye - Introduction - PentaxForums.com

Will this lens fit my K10d?

Thanks for your help.

04-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Yes, the K mount or bayonet mount on your camera will accept any Pentax lens with that mount, or any third party lens with that mount. Even the very old Pentax lenses with the screw mount (AKA M42) will work with an adapter.

The only thing you need to know about using some of the older Pentax glass is not all offer the automatic features such as aperture control, and must be set manually - which to most of us is no big deal.

The lens you are looking at is fully compatible and offers the automatic features.
04-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Yes, the K mount or bayonet mount on your camera will accept any Pentax lens with that mount, or any third party lens with that mount. Even the very old Pentax lenses with the screw mount (AKA M42) will work with an adapter.

The only thing you need to know about using some of the older Pentax glass is not all offer the automatic features such as aperture control, and must be set manually - which to most of us is no big deal.

The lens you are looking at is fully compatible and offers the automatic features.
Thank you so much for your lightning quick response! I'm very grateful, and will buy one very soon. Thanks again!
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I just bought one at Amazon.com for $380.00. I can't wait to get it, Thanks again for the info!

04-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fairtaxphil Quote
I am new to the Pentax DSLR. I have a K10d and am interested in the Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-eyeReview Navigation:
>
Introduction

More Pentax news at: Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-eye - Introduction - PentaxForums.com

Will this lens fit my K10d?

Thanks for your help.
I got the lens yesterday and took it out for a test drive today. It is now my favorite lens! I love it! here is one I took today. Enjoy!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo