Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Refund of duties and VAT

Hi there

I purchased something from B&H last month, but it didn't work too well so I returned it. No issues there. The confirmation just came through today. The process was smooth and hassle free.

There are still a small amount of duties and VAT to be refunded though (about $20) and I was wondering if it's still possible to get that back? I know that isn't paid to B&H, but I thought someone there might be able to point me in the direction to go or the people to contact to get it back. A quick search of the website and these forums didn't yield an answer.

Thanks

Earl

EDIT: I am in BC, Canada, if that helps.

Last edited by EarlVonTapia; 06-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.
06-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

Our records indicate the original transaction included duty/tax of 18.56 but the refund amount was only 6.80. I've asked customer service to refund the remainder.

BTW, our records indicate your surname is "Tapia." If it should be "vonTapia" or von Tapia" let me know and I'll edit it.
06-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Hidden content may not be quoted
Our records indicate the original transaction included duty/tax of 18.56 but the refund amount was only 6.80. I've asked customer service to refund the remainder.

BTW, our records indicate your surname is "Tapia." If it should be "vonTapia" or von Tapia" let me know and I'll edit it.
Hi Henry

Thanks for the response. That sounds great.

the surname Tapia is fine.

Thanks again

Earl