Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In Australia, not allowed one lens

This may be slightly OT for pentax forums but I am *really* curious about why I am not allowed to buy the Nikon CX mount 30-110. The reason given is that "Australian Border security..." wont let me. I can buy other lenses. Just not that one.

Insane.

07-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
I am *really* curious about why I am not allowed to buy the Nikon CX mount 30-110. The reason given is that "Australian Border security..." wont let me. I can buy other lenses. Just not that one.
Check again. It's most Nikon AF lenses now. Screenshot attached. Nikon USA restriction, not ours. We would if we could.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf nikonlens.pdf (230.3 KB, 168 views)
07-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi Henry... I still have the CX mount 18mm in my basket... no restriction there when I looked this morning. Its a real pain because nobody much in Oz is actually selling them...

Anyway... theres a screenie of the warning I get. I have two other Nikon lenses in the cart, but thats the only one I have to remove (I added the others just to check... cant buy now, in any case) Just thought it was weird. Seems like Nikon is going to get as weird about Oz as Fuji is. :-/

Last edited by kyteflyer; 03-09-2016 at 08:24 AM.
07-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
B&H Photo Representative

Must be some kind of website coding glitch. I was just able to put a 30-110 in a shopping cart and specify the destination is Australia without a problem.

07-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Must be some kind of website coding glitch. I was just able to put a 30-110 in a shopping cart and specify the destination is Australia without a problem.
Oh... really? Might have to try again next week then. Thanks for that
07-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

I just spoke with our Nikon buyer. All Nikon digital slr and mirrorless cameras and lenses are supposed to be restricted to inside the USA only, per Nikon USA rules. Any lens you can buy now is mis-coded and will be corrected sooner or later.
07-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for that info, Henry. I'll get to it as soon as I can, though on checking prices in AU, its not that much more expensive when shipping is ignored. Will just have to see how things progress

Thanks again!