Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
BH 4% credit for K5 II black friday purchase

Hello

I am attempting to understand how to use the 4% rewards credit with your store for buying the K5 II + 18-135mm bundle on the Black Friday sale.

It was listed on your website at the time of purchase. However, now your customer support rep claims there is no credit for this sale!?!??!

QuoteQuote:
Hello David, my name is Malcolm H:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. I looked into it and unfortunately, this particular item does not have any rewards associated with it and I checked all the other orders and no one was receiving rewards for you this item. I do apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Malcolm H
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Customer Service Department
B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders
Please explain what happened to the 4% rewards credit promised at the time of sale -- there clearly was a 4% credit for buying the $799 K5 II bundle.

It is recorded by others here so I'm not losing my mind.. (please remove the spaces in the url string since Pentax Forums strips the '' from it) I saw the 4% credit on your actual website too.

12-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps the reward was for the body only? The K-3 18-135mm doesn't have the 4% either, while the body does.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
No, the page specifically stated 4% cashback for the kit during the BF deal.. the slickdeals link appears to have the full string of text, including the 4% rewards for the kit. I SPECIFICALLY bought it knowing there were 4% rewards. Believe me.. it said 4% rewards. Now B&H are pulling bait and switch. And, sadly, I trusted them so I didn't make any screenshots (and their own website removes the pricing and deal points after it goes 'discontinued').

oh and I might seem frustrated here.. because I am. I can't believe B&H are pulling this!
12-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I am attempting to understand how to use the 4% rewards credit with your store for buying the K5 II + 18-135mm bundle on the Black Friday sale.
Nothing on Slickdeals was posted there by B&H and I cannot confirm any of it is either accurate or up-to-date.

A customer gets 2% or 4% rewards points for buying an eligible item. The points are sent via email several weeks after that purchase. The points can then be applied to buying ANYTHING on our site much the same way you'd use a gift card as a payment method. See this for more information, please.

12-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, the point being someone else also saw the offer included 4% rewards and now you have erased this and the pricing from the actual item page and are claiming 'what 4%?'

So the issue still stands.. you offered 4% rewards (one of the reasons I ordered - *I* saw it on your website) and I have yet to receive it on my 11/29 order.
12-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

So the issue still stands.. you offered 4% rewards (one of the reasons I ordered - *I* saw it on your website) and I have yet to receive it on my 11/29 order.
Did you look at the link I provided earlier? It says, "40 - 60 days after your order has shipped you will receive an email with a Rewards Card..." For an 11/29 order, it's not yet late. If you non't see it in another 2-3 weeks email cs@bhphoto.com with the original B&H transaction number.
12-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ok Thank you I'll wait another 2-3 weeks. But I already emailed Customer service my B&H transaction number and 'Malcolm H's response seems to indicate the store will not be standing by it's original sale terms.. which has me wondering how this could happen.. and a bit worrisome of doing business in the future ( I mean really.. if it says one thing and cust support is saying nope not seeing it - it has to make any customer wonder)

In any case, yes, I'll wait and check back.
12-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
B&H Photo Representative

...I already emailed Customer service my B&H transaction number and 'Malcolm H's response seems to indicate the store will not be standing by it's original sale terms..
I'd have to see that email to comment.

12-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
I'd have to see that email to comment.
It was in my initial post in this thread... his response was the reason I created this thread in hopes of understanding what was going on and why there was a backtracking of the offer after the sale. I was looking forward to using my rewards credit to buy more goodies...

Last edited by mee; 12-23-2013 at 05:15 PM.
12-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
B&H Photo Representative

I believe the confusion was between rewards you earned previously and rewards for the item you want to buy now. The rewards you earned previously will become available soon; the item you want to buy now won't earn more reward points towards another future purchase.
12-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I wasn't aware I had earned rewards previously! I gave my order number to customer service and the quoted message at top is what they gave me in response.. they claim there is no rewards present on that order!! yikes.

I'm not looking to earn more rewards though, but to simply receive the 4% offered from the $799 K5II+18-135 combo I bought in your store. It is discouraging and a bit scary when customer service claims there isn't any on an item on which I knew full well there were rewards offered.

That said, I will wait a couple more weeks (as you've suggested) before painfully going through the customer service chain.. but I was hoping you could make this right by just awarding the 4%. Or at least assuring me it will be coming (through waiting out the normal process). In any case, thank you for the responses.
12-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
B&H Photo Representative

The Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR Lens Kit (B&H PEK5II18135) is discontinued. I'd need your B&H transaction number to check the status of this and of prior orders from which you might have earned rewards points.
12-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR Lens Kit (B&H PEK5II18135) is discontinued. I'd need your B&H transaction number to check the status of this and of prior orders from which you might have earned rewards points.
The kit wasn't discontinued when I ordered so I'm not sure what the point is of telling me it is discontinued?

I suspect you'll just tell me what Malcolm H has stated... ie denial leading to run around. This is all pretty surreal coming from B&H.. I never expected this from your company. :c/

If you really are looking to help, I can provide the numbers. However, if you're just going to say 'we dont see it, and it's discontinued' then I'm not sure what the point is in this dialogue. You could have just as easily asked for my order number from the start, saw the issue, and awarded the proper credit from the get-go instead of making this a frustrating, week long trek.
12-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #14
B&H Photo Representative

If you really are looking to help, I can provide the numbers.
I have no idea whether or not I can help but I am CERTAIN that without the requested B&H transaction number I can do NOTHING since the information here is insufficient to let me see your account or this transaction. "Mee" means nothing in our customer database and there is NO other information about who you are in your forum profile.
12-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
mee
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have no idea whether or not I can help but I am CERTAIN that without the requested B&H transaction number I can do NOTHING since the information here is insufficient to let me see your account or this transaction. "Mee" means nothing in our customer database and there is NO other information about who you are in your forum profile.
Ok fair enough. My order number is 1027163324
Closed Thread