Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #1

Unmodifying a modified order

I had placed an order this AM and then wound up requesting modification via your website to remove one of the items. I called customer service immediately after I did this to confirm and when I explained why I had modified the rep told me that he would check to see if B & H would match an offer. Since they were able to do this the rep asked me if I wanted to keep the order as it originally was and not modify it and I told him that would be fine. However, I received the notice of modification and the shipping confirmation this afternoon and the modification had gone through even though the rep assured me that there would be no modification and that both items in the order would be shipped. If I sent an email to customer service regarding this will they be able to rectify it or will I have to reorder. I think that the instant savings price on the Pentax lens goes through today and I would like that price honored.

03-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #2

Original Poster
How long does it take to get my credit card account credited for the item that was removed from my order? The full amount for both items is still in pending and I was told that I should see the credit today but so far no credit has been posted.
03-10-2014, 07:14 AM   #3
B&H Photo Representative

Unfortunately I cannot ID you or this transaction. My email is in my sig. Please let me know your order number.

When a customer is supposed to get a refund to a credit card we alert our bank ASAP. unfortunately form there federal UCC regulations permit each bank in the chain from ours to yours a couple of days before it has to pass the refund transaction along. I do not know why but the result is when a purchase is made the transfer is almost immediate but for refunds the pace is far slower.
03-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Henry. The credit was posted yesterday so I'm happy about that.