Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Common Carrier - Inside Delivery

I recently tried to order a K3 w/free grip using our cell phone while our internet was out for a while. The only shipping option in my B & H account was a Common Carrier - Inside Delivery, 7 - 10 Business Days for a whopping $412.35! I signed out of my account and went through the order process again until I got to the different shipping options (UPS, Fedex and USPS) that are considerably cheaper than the one shipping option in my account.
What exactly is a Common Carrier - Inside Delivery and why is it the only shipping option when signed in to my account?
It seems this is the only shipping option when ordering a camera body with accessories or just the Pentax 540 flash (which I also ordered) but, with just the extended warranty in my cart, the UPS, USPS, Fedex options all show up.
Because of this, I am not eligible for the 4% reward because I didn't order while I was signed in to my B & H account.

10-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

I'm not sure why you got this result and I am very glad you backed out of it and were able to find UPS. Common carrier is for oversize or overweight items, like large-screen TVs or industrial printers which UPS will not transport. The Pentax 540 flash should not have had anything to do with the situation and you should have been shown UPS shipping whether logged in or not.

If you email your B&H order number to me I can try to reproduce this event and see what happened.
10-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Your email address is henryp (at) bhphotovideo.com correct?
10-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you click on his name in his signature, it shows what his email is. In fact, you could just click on his name and you'll be able to send him an email. HTH! since he's not on line.

10-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I didn't know that, photolady95. Thank you!
10-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're welcome!