Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Orders to Canada, some options gone.

I've bought 4 cameras & quite a few lenses etc. from B&H now and the experience has always been nice & streamlined - I especially like the option for B&H handled customs clearance for items shipped to Canada.

One thing though, the USPS restrictions with li-ion batteries seems to be messing up options for Canadian orders. For my last order (today) I added an extra battery to the order, same as the one that ships with the camera. As soon as I did this the Purolater option and B&H customs options were no longer available. I removed the extra battery and was able to then choose them again.

Same thing with the Pentax K3 I tried to order (I see this in a previous thread too), for some reason the Purolater & B&H customs option are not available. The message that shows mentions the USPS & li-ion batteries restriction, but Purolator is not USPS so I was kind of puzzled. I contacted B&H and the helpful fellow that replied just send me an invoice and said I could just enter the invoice number and my phone number in the Track Order page and I could pay for it then - but it still would not let me, telling me that this order could not be completed online.

I've ordered 3 cameras in the past month with the options mentioned. All three cameras (2 Sony action cams & 1 A5100) have li-ion batteries shipped with them, and I was able to use the Purolater and B&H customs options with no issues.

Now I'm just assuming it had something to do with adding li-ion batteries to the order or in the case of the K3, perhaps the words "battery pack" caused something to trigger in the ordering process?.

12-09-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Glen_S Quote
Now I'm just assuming it had something to do with adding li-ion batteries to the order or in the case of the K3, perhaps the words "battery pack" caused something to trigger in the ordering process?.
My assumption also. The post office vs li-ion battery battle is a thorn in all our sides.
12-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
My assumption also. The post office vs li-ion battery battle is a thorn in all our sides.
Thanks for the reply - odd though that some orders with li-ion batteries are ok, while others are not.. maybe the secret is in wording the description different?

Still puzzled why the Purolater option is gone though - they are a courier company and not the USPS