Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-08-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Discontinued/out of stock items

I ordered an item that went thru, and my PayPal was charged. I got an email confirming the purchase. The next day I get another email that the item was not in stock. I wanted to get another item from B&H (same backpack, different color). The rep cancelled my original order, and now I have to wait 3-5 business days for the refund to be deposited in my PayPal. During this time, the second item could also very well be out of stock/discontinued.

I guess I'm confused that the order went thru, and payment was taken, when the item was discontinued then & not available; and in the meantime my money is not available since last Thursday, probably until this Friday. Not a large amount, but still important to me. I asked the rep if he could change my order to the different color backpack. I would have owed an additional $2.46, which I told him I would remit immediately. He said it could not be done.

Thanks for listening, and hoping this is not a common thing that happens when ordering.

03-09-2015, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #2
B&H Photo Representative

Web No: 1032999317
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. All orders with Paypal payment are charged as soon as the order is submitted. US customers using US credit cards are not charged until the order is actually shipped. I am sorry an apparent inventory error indicated the backpack you wanted was in stock when it was not. Your order has been cancelled and a refund has been issued. The Tamrac 5374 Adventure 74 Backpack (Rust/Black) - B&H # TA5374RUB is in stock. One has been reserved for you with free rush shipping and a copy of that reservation has been emailed to you.
03-09-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
One has been reserved for you with free rush shipping and a copy of that reservation has been emailed to you.
Wow! Thank you Henry! That certainly is going above & beyond, for a customer! I really appreciate it, as I did want one of these backpacks!
03-09-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I must add, that I'm so appreciative of the prompt attention and action from B&H! The refund to PayPal already was received, the new order was placed & will be shipped out tomorrow!

Henry, again my thanks for such exceptional help!