Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2015, 05:57 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Shipping delays with USPS!

I placed an order last Saturday for a product i needed this weekend and it still is showing, in transit from NY. I was notified that it was shipped on Monday but then on Wednesday USPS finally updated their tracking and was showing the package was just delivered to the Station in NY. I have ordered from Adorama and no matter the size or cost of my order, they are express shipped and received in usually 3 days

03-21-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&H's expedited UPS delivery (now standard for most items) is 1-3 days, so I usually just stick with that. Even USPS orders won't ship on Saturday, unfortunately, since B&H is closed then.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-21-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I know no company ships on Saturday, my problem is that i was told that it was shipped on Monday and actually not shipped until Wednesday super saver the cheepest way B&H could ship! I still don't have my package!
03-23-2015, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #4
B&H Photo Representative

I'd be happy to look into this but in order to do so I need the original B&H order number. Post it here or use my email address, in my sig.

03-23-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
B&H Photo Order #1033125889 Shipped
03-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
B&H Photo Order #1033125889 Shipped
Order received Sunday Mar 15th.
Shipped Monday Mar 16th via the shipping method selected during the order entry process. That was our free "super saver" shipping option. When you ordered we advised, "B&H will ship your order in the most cost effective method," and an ETA of "Up to 7 Business Days."

7 business days would be Mar 25th. Other possible shipping options included UPS ground (ETA Mar 19th), UPS 2-day (ETA Mar 18th), and two UPS next-day options (ETA MAr 17th).

The USPS package tracking site now reports:
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item departed our USPS facility in BIRMINGHAM, AL 35222 on March 23, 2015 at 3:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
We regret this unanticipated delay on their part and any inconvenience it is causing.

We're happy to use whichever shipping method you prefer but in my experience UPS is faster and more reliable. YMMV
03-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My experience with USPS tracking is that there are only two stages. "It's on its way" and "It's been delivered."
03-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you for looking into it for me!