Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2015, 07:42 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another K-3II with issues

Hi Chuck,

I got my K-3II the other day. It has the issue of turning off and is in the batch of serial numbers with the problem. 6 days ago, you posted,

"I asked a warehouse supervisor to confirm that none of our K-3 II's in inventory are within the serial numbers "below #6206660" and am happy to tell you you can purchase from B&H with confidence."
(I think you posted that message here on the 17th, I ordered mine the 16th)

This morning I get a message from B&H saying,

"Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing what the serial number is for an item until it has actually shipped. I have set up your return for a refund to the original form of payment, which will be issued once we receive the camera back."

At this point, I have $2,700 on my CC. (2 from Amazon & 1 from B&H) If I purchase another one, it will hit over $3,600. I know, I'll get my money back on 3 of them, (10 to 20 days) but here I am at a month into this and still have a K-3II with this issue.

I'm sure, there is just a small issue with communication between you and the service department. I just want to get a K-3II without issues. The 1st two, are not your problem, However, I need to know if I send this one back and buy another, I'm not going to have to do this again.

Thank you for your time.

07-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

Web No: 1034780359
Please accept our apologies. There was a delay in our pulling cameras from our warehouse. Our buyer says to be prudent you should hold off reordering until Monday. I see you placed order 555391480 earlier today. You should call customer service (Phone: 800.221.5743 or 212.239.7765) and ask them to hold this and not ship it today.
07-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Web No: 1034780359
Please accept our apologies. There was a delay in our pulling cameras from our warehouse. Our buyer says to be prudent you should hold off reordering until Monday. I see you placed order 555391480 earlier today. You should call customer service (Phone: 800.221.5743 or 212.239.7765) and ask them to hold this and not ship it today.
I understand. The problem is that I think it shipped. I was suppose to get the new one tomorrow. If they hold this one until Monday, isn't there a chance it might still be in the effected stock. Should I cancel the order?

I'm on the phone with B&H CS and we're working on it. Thanks. I know we'll get this right soon or later. I understand you guys are in the same fix, dealer with the supplier.

The guy on the phone was great. He told me, that they were not going to ship it anyway after finding out about the delay in cleaning the stock. He said, it might take a few weeks. They're holding my order open until they get new ones. He noted for me to hang on to this one until the new one ships. At lease, I have something to look at and touch and read the manual about how great it is. At this point, it's better than nothing.

Thanks again, and take care.

Last edited by glee46; 07-23-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: New Info
07-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
I understand. The problem is that I think it shipped. I was suppose to get the new one tomorrow. If they hold this one until Monday, isn't there a chance it might still be in the effected stock. Should I cancel the order?
We won't ship another until we know the stock's been cleaned and we only have "kosher" units in our warehouse.