Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What's Up With The New Boxes?

In the last couple of weeks I've received two products that I ordered from B&H.

Each came in a new style of box. A style that I've never before seen anyone use.

I don't care for this new style.

First, it is very difficult to open.

Second, it can not be reused because one needs to tear apart (destroy) the box to open it, thereby rendering it useless for reuse.

If someone has to return a product they will now need to find a new box. Making it harder for folks to return items.

What's up with these new boxes? Are they just being tried, or is this a permanent change?

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 01-14-2016 at 12:49 PM.
01-14-2016, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've gotten a few of these boxes as well. They seemed more sturdy than traditional boxes, but they're certainly harder to re-use. I did manage to re-use one of them, though, after covering the tear with a good amount of packaging tape.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-18-2016, 08:16 AM - 3 Likes   #3
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
IWhat's up with these new boxes? Are they just being tried, or is this a permanent change?
Thanks for the feedback. The new boxes are created from a new machine in our warehouse which designs and creates custom-size and custom-shape boxes for each individual order. The merchandise is better protected, the cost per box is lowered, and the s&h fees we're charged are lower. We pass this on to you either by offering more products with free domestic s&h or by not raising s&h fees when UPS raises our costs.

All that aside, we appreciate your feedback which I'll share with the warehouse manager.