Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2016, 08:27 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can I have USA PO parcel post/Canada post shipment?

I was looking at a D FA 150-450 mm and checked the delivered total cost to Nova Scotia. B&H has free shipment to Canada using a courier, but there is $281.94 custom fees charged by the courier. There is no Canadian duty charged on the value of the lens, unless there was was a recent change, which I doubt. Free Shipment, So why the $281.94 charge and how is it calculated? That's more than the Canadian 15 % sales taxes, but B & H do not say the sales tax is included. If the lens was sent by USA parcel post, the shipper may show the value on the shipping sticker and there would be no custom charges. I have never been invoiced such unnecessary custom charges by the USA/Canada postal services.

I think the courier is charging a lot to type the customs form at the same time they fill out the shipping label. I won't pay the courier $281.94 rip-off.

03-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

The calculation made by the shipper for us is:
Details of Customs Clearance
HST: $269.54
Brokerage: $1.56
Disbursement: $8.09
Security & Handling: $2.75
Total: $281.94
We do not make this calculation and we don't get a penny of this money.

You can choose the "Pay later" option for which we advise, Lets you handle all customs fees and gives you a larger shipping selection." Unfortunately with that option you sacrifice free shipping.
03-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You should have explained that the $281.94 INCLUDES $269.54 HST; wrong description of the customs charge.