Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #1

Arrived empty

Just received my first ever order from B&H. A lens and a variable ND filter. Lens looks great, but the filter case was empty. Really bummed, because I'm leaving on a 3-month trip on Friday. I really hope I don't have to jump through hoops to get a refund for the filter.

Does this happen often?

I filled out the email form on B&H website. So dismayed.

05-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

I'm very sorry about this. I cannot ID you or the transaction so I cannot check the situation but I am sure our C/S staff will handle this as efficiently as possible.

You asked, "Does this happen often?" It does not. Nevertheless we regret this and your frustration.
05-12-2016, 08:55 AM   #3

Original Poster
Refunded

They responded promptly this morning and agreed to refund the price.

I'm a big supporter of my local camera shop, but when I need Pentax gear I have to go online. Opening an empty box was an insulting experience. I can't see myself shopping with B&H again. ;
05-12-2016, 09:37 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by erkund Quote
They responded promptly this morning and agreed to refund the price.

I'm a big supporter of my local camera shop, but when I need Pentax gear I have to go online. Opening an empty box was an insulting experience. I can't see myself shopping with B&H again. ;
Sorry to hear of your experience. All businesses make mistakes, and B&H is no different. It sounds like they resolved the issue quickly, so it would be a shame for you to shun them as a potential source for your future purposes. I've found them to be helpful and efficient.

I bought some steak from our excellent local supermarket a couple of weeks ago, and when I opened it, it was anything but fresh (despite being within date). The supermarket manager apologised and refunded my money. I'm shopping there again this Sunday - they have everything I need, the prices are good, and they resolve my issues on the rare occasions I have any