Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2016, 11:44 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Extended warranty and preodrer

Hi Chuck,
I preordered my K-1 on 2/17/2016 using Paypal. Received the camera during the first week of May.
Am I still qualified to purchase the extended warranty?

According to this thread, it appears that I am not qualified...

05-15-2016, 01:29 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here are the terms. The only thing up for debate would be "date of original purchase". Since you don't get charged until your pre-order ships, I'd consider that to be the date of the purchase itself.

I don't see how Ricoh would object if the warranty were purchased within two months of the US debut of the camera Just be sure to keep your credit card receipt/statement.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. My only concern is my Paypal is charged on the day of preorder (2/17/2016).
If the 30-day window is strictly counted from the date credit card is charged, then I guess I'm not qualified.
I sent my question to Ricoh via email weeks ago, but they never replied....

Last edited by odyseuss; 05-16-2016 at 09:12 AM.
05-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #4
B&H Photo Representative

As far as I know the date on your invoice, not the date shipped, is the original purchase date.

05-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sounds like further investigation will be needed for this. I'll reach out to Ricoh and find out if they'd honor this.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: