Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2016, 08:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&H not honoring prices in their AdChoice web ads

An odd situation came up for me last night. After seeing a B&H ad for Sansa Clip Jam mp3 players at $29.99, I ordered two of them. Only this morning did I notice on the order confirmation email that I was charged $34.99 for each. My first thought: I must have been looking at the wrong item, clicked through the order process too quickly and not noticed. Not a big deal really, $34.99 isn't a bad price for these.

A little later, I was browsing an unrelated site and saw the same ad come up. This time I screen-capped it.

Still shows $29.99. I clicked the ad and it took me to the B&H item page ... with the price $34.99. So, yes it's the same item, and this is not good. I opened a live chat and explained the situation to a representative, who said that B&H "has no control over third-party content." But B&H is who, directly or indirectly, hired the third party. Seems to me either the price as advertised has to be honored, or B&H needs to fire AdChoice if it's the latter's fault that incorrect prices persist in the ads.

I'm trying not to get bent out of shape over a few bucks here -- after all B&H filled a separate $850 order for me last week, and that went fine, so I'll keep perspective -- but what's going on?

09-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

Some of these ads are not ours. That said, if you will email the order number to me - henryp[at]bhphoto.com - with a brief explanation I can look into this further.
09-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Email sent.

edit to add: resolved in email, thank you.

Last edited by Sluggo; 09-14-2016 at 05:43 AM.