Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Order not received for over a month

Hi,

I refer to order number #1053312637 placed on 7 Oct 18. The tracking number for this order had never worked. I had waited patiently for nearly a month before contacting B&H through live chat but was advised to wait till 7 Nov before getting back. I got back to B&H again a couple of days after 7 Nov and was advised that the package may indeed be missing and B&H would file a claim with the courier and get back to me.

Till today, I have not received any replies from B&H and I feel disappointed that my order was never treated with any urgency. I would like to seek help from the official B&H representative here. Thank you.

11-19-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since this is time sensitive, I would recommend calling B&H. I'm surprised they asked you to wait since issues with tracking should always be promptly investigated IMO.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Since this is time sensitive, I would recommend calling B&H. I'm surprised they asked you to wait since issues with tracking should always be promptly investigated IMO.
Thanks, Adam. I had contacted them a few times and feel that they are not quite treating my case with the due urgency it deserves. I hope to get an awareness from the B&H representative here so that it could possibly be resolved faster - seriously, I have gotten a bit sick of contacting them directly and personally given the "please wait while we try to resolve it" attitude. I believe I have given my utmost patience in this case.

I had been a long time B&H customer and past experiences had always been more or less positive. I am not sure what caused a change of service quality here but I hope it can be resolved soon. Thanks.
11-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sure they will sort it for you. Since the item was never shipped (apparently) you should at least get a refund as a first step.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #5

Original Poster
Unfortunately, i will suffer currency conversion losses if I were given a refund as I my card is based on a different currency. Just hope that they ship it out immediately will do.
12-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by scorpioh Quote
I refer to order number #1053312637 placed on 7 Oct 18. The tracking number for this order had never worked.
We received this order on Oct 7, 2018. It was shipped the same day via DHL. The package has since been lost in transit, an inconvenience we regret. On Nov 25th under our 762974751, we issued and emailed a B&H electronic gift card for the total amount of the original transaction. You can simply use that to place a new order for the same two items. If you'd like assistance in doing so, please contact sales@bhphoto.com.
12-06-2018, 05:44 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
We received this order on Oct 7, 2018. It was shipped the same day via DHL. The package has since been lost in transit, an inconvenience we regret. On Nov 25th under our 762974751, we issued and emailed a B&H electronic gift card for the total amount of the original transaction. You can simply use that to place a new order for the same two items. If you'd like assistance in doing so, please contact sales@bhphoto.com.
Hi Henry, yes, I have received the refund in the form of an electronic gift card. The whole incident, however, left a rather bad after taste for me:
1) I never felt there was any form of urgency given by B&H to this case. I was told to wait even after almost one month of not receiving the package.
2) There was never any updates initiated by B&H. It's only myself continually probing about the status of the package were there rather delayed responses and replies.
3) After nearly two months only did B&H acknowledged that the package was lost. There was never any concern with regard's to the customer's urgency for the items. I mean, at the very least I would at the every least offer an overnight shipment to get the items delivered straight away to compensate for such an unreasonable long wait.
Perhaps I am expecting too much, but these are my thoughts and feelings as a customer.

12-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by scorpioh Quote
Hi Henry, yes, I have received the refund in the form of an electronic gift card. The whole incident, however, left a rather bad after taste for me
I regret this and apologize for the circumstances which caused it.