Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-25-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I received someone's returned defective lens instead of new.

Dear B&H, I believe I have to let you know that your return department re-sent the lens I bought without even checking what they shipped.

I purchased Irix 15mm Firefly on June 8. When I received the lens, I noticed that not only the box was scratched, not only the metal box was bent, but it was the package inside with the small wrench and screws in old plastic bag. The lens not only did not focus to infinity, it was focusing in upper right corner instead of center through any aperture number.

Finally, today I figured out the mystery of that extra package, it's parts set from the filter holder which obviously does not belong to the new lens.

Which tells me your employees simply re-sent me defective lens, and they even did not bother to open the box to check what they are sending!

I ended up ordering from Adorama. Unfortunately, I should complete the transaction by phone since I reserved the sale price for Laowa 12mm Zero-D lens with Adorama, so I had no choice to order from Pentax Forums page to support the site.

Your company did not offer price match guarantee for sure, and even it did, I don't not want to end up with another returned defective lens.

I forgot to mention that the return was completed, and I got the refund today, thanks. The whole return process was easy, but I would prefer to keep the new lens instead.

Last edited by micromacro; 06-25-2020 at 01:26 PM.
06-26-2020, 06:51 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

I am very sorry for what was apparently an inadvertent error. I tried to ID you from your profile here but there's no last name or email and the website you list (Redframe) is not working. I cannot ID you or your transaction.

You said, "the return was completed, and I got the refund today," I presume this indicates the original issue has been satisfactorily resolved.

You also said, "Your company did not offer price match guarantee..." We consider every price match inquiry individually. We say, "yes," as often as possible and regret when circumstances prevent us from doing so.
06-26-2020, 01:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
I am very sorry for what was apparently an inadvertent error. I tried to ID you from your profile here but there's no last name or email and the website you list (Redframe) is not working. I cannot ID you or your transaction.

You said, "the return was completed, and I got the refund today," I presume this indicates the original issue has been satisfactorily resolved.

You also said, "Your company did not offer price match guarantee..." We consider every price match inquiry individually. We say, "yes," as often as possible and regret when circumstances prevent us from doing so.
Henry,

I sent you e-mail with information from my yahoo address. Although I got my refund, I'd like to bring your attention to this matter to prevent the possible third (or how many times?) re-sell of this lens copy to someone else after me.

Thank you.

As for the price match, I received the e-mail with information that at the moment of purchase BH can not guarantee the price match. I called Adorama, they had the last lens on sale, and told I can hold the lens for $5 fee and purchase when get my refund. Which was the perfect solution.

Last edited by micromacro; 06-26-2020 at 01:52 PM.
06-29-2020, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #4
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I sent you e-mail with information from my yahoo address. Although I got my refund, I'd like to bring your attention to this matter to prevent the possible third (or how many times?) re-sell of this lens copy to someone else after me.
Thanks, I've already added a note to your transaction about this.