Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-08-2021, 11:16 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What does B&H do with returned lenses?

Sorry for this question but as an overseas consumer I am little worried. The last time I purchased a lens (DA16-85), I had to return 2 defective before getting a third useable one. The first one especially, looked like it had been used.
I am considering buying another lens and do not want a returned one.
I would appreciate if I could get some assurance.

07-09-2021, 07:31 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

Thank you for your orders and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. I could look into this in more detail with the order numbers. Basically, we do not test new cameras, lenses, etc before shipping them to customers. We rely on each manufacturer's QC. The process of opening, testing, and then repacking a lens every time one was ordered would be prohibitively expensive and time consuming. I do not know of any retailer who does this.

Again, I am sorry for your dissatisfaction and look forward to more information from you.
07-09-2021, 09:19 PM   #3
sbc
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi Henry, thanks for your reply. I am not asking about B&H checking new lenses. What I want to know is if B&H resells those returned lenses.
I am not actually dissatisfied with B&H; just hoping I would not have to endure all those hassles of returning faulty lenses.
07-12-2021, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #4
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by sbc Quote
What I want to know is if B&H resells those returned lenses.
Every returned item is handled on an individual basis taking into consideration (among other things) the customer's reason for the return, and our careful inspection of the returned item. I should point out that a customer returning for an alleged defect is frequently incorrect and returns an item in perfect condition. Likewise sometimes an item is returned claiming a defect (when there is none) because the customer thinks this is necessary to get return authorization.

07-12-2021, 01:11 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What does B&H do with returned lenses?

Without a long drawn out story, I guess it's safe to say the answer is Yes? B&H re-sells returns as new.
07-12-2021, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #6
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by brightseal Quote
Without a long drawn out story, I guess it's safe to say the answer is Yes? B&H re-sells returns as new.
Please don't presume to put words into my mouth for me.