Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2021, 11:33 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Metabones non-adapter

When Metabones announced a K-Mount to Q-Mount adapter I ordered one from B&H,
and B&H periodically emails me that it is still out-of-stock.

Apparently Metabones failed to get enough orders, so they didn’t bother to actually produce any.
Is there any reason for me to not help you guys clean up your books by canceling my order???

11-30-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

Thanks for your order. I appreciate it's disappointing to have this order for "vaporware" floating about but there's really no reason to cancel it. While we do not have an ETA, we also don't charge your credit card until we actually ship. Righto now, you have no exposure at all. Until it does ship, nothing's going to happen one way or the other.
11-30-2021, 02:14 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Thanks for your order. I appreciate it's disappointing to have this order for "vaporware" floating about but there's really no reason to cancel it. While we do not have an ETA, we also don't charge your credit card until we actually ship. Righto now, you have no exposure at all. Until it does ship, nothing's going to happen one way or the other.
OK, I was just thinking that your system has to process this thing all the time without your getting any benefit.

Incidentally, this does not hurt my view of B&H, but it has nothing good to my view of Metabones.
01-24-2022, 07:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
OK, I was just thinking that your system has to process this thing all the time without your getting any benefit.

Incidentally, this does not hurt my view of B&H, but it has nothing good to my view of Metabones.
Yesterday, I took a picture indoors, hand focusing my 06 @ 15mm f/2.8.
I really wished I had my 28mm f/3.5 with the Metabones adapter - that would have been a 14mm f/1.8 lens.
When I got home, I realized that I could have used my 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 AdaptAll with a Nikon ‘rear-end’,
but the thought offends me of using what they are producing because they haven’t produced what they promised.

I still don’t blame B&H in any of this.